Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Just finished T72 Options
mainjet
#1 Posted : 31 August 2018 18:14:48

Groups: Registered

I have just finished the T72 and after all these months of building to have it not operate is so disappointing. I have double checked all connections and everything related to the electronics of operation and still all i get is slow blinking front lights and no rear Red LEDs lit. When you remote on with tank off you get the flashing red light on the remote showing that it isn't picking signal up from tank. then when you turn on tank the flashing light on remote turns solid haveing you think that remote is connected to tank. yet the front lights continue to flash. I believe it has something to do with the in operation of the rear LEDs not lighting. After all this work...so sad. Any ideas from anyone? thanks
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 31 August 2018 19:31:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi mainjet

Firstly welcome to the forum.

The four red lights on the tank rear only light up when the on button is pressed and you get the sound of the engine starting up.On the transmitter you have three buttons on the lower left hand side the lower button when pressed will start the tank so you will hear the tank engine start the middle and upper button are for the machine gun and main gun.

If the tank will not start by pressing the start button can you do some other checks for me starting with the wi-fi/2.4G and the on off switches can you make sure they are mounted exactly as the instructions say to fit them. Next can you check that the receiver mounted in the tank has the correct codes printed on both boards and that the connecting wire from the receiver to the control box is as in posts #5 and #6 in the link below :-

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=25307

On all your connections can you check that all the pins are in the correct position in the control box and other plugs.

Andy

Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

mainjet
#3 Posted : 31 August 2018 19:49:20

Andy, thanks for the quick replay. I have checked the switch positions and correct mounting and all is good. i will check tonight the code on my receiver. Not sure if i was to expect to have new version auto shipped or if it was up to builder to notify model space if I needed updated piece? I have double checked that ALL wires are same color from end to end and are in correct letter receptacles.
Thanks
brian
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 31 August 2018 19:56:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Brian

The receivers should all be of the new type as supplied now but its always best to check to eliminate that possability.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

mainjet
#5 Posted : 02 September 2018 17:44:53

Andy, I have checked the receiver and when looking at the underside there are no identification numbers VT92011-1 as you show in your photos. Only the TK2.4GRF code is the only writing on the board. Am i to figure that i need the newer board? If so how do i describe what is needed to customer service? The F cable wire is fine, engine B and C are wired correctly. All other connections are tight and without issues. It does seem a bit strange that when i first turned on switches for the very first time the rear red LEDs did light up but then went out and have never lit again. Almost like they shorted out yet all connections are perfect.What do recommend for my next step. thanks Brian
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 02 September 2018 18:00:28

Hi Brian

It looks like you will need the new type Receiver. When you call C/S just ask for a replacement 'Stage 38' and you should get the updated version as a replacement.

Andy

mainjet
#7 Posted : 02 September 2018 19:06:21

Andy, Thanks for the help. Since Model-space moved all their replacement part support over seas it takes forever for me to receive anything. Is there any other part I should be ordering that might be an issue with the rear lights only coming on at the first time I switch the unit on? From looking at the forum it seems like a lot of issues with this Tank. I have built the Senna F1 Honda, two of the Honda 750s and am in the process of the R2D2 all with out a hitch. Thanks again Brian
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 02 September 2018 19:11:55

Hi Brian

Just go for the receiver so we can get you up and running and you have some nice stuff there both the Senna and Honda are great kits.

Andy

mainjet
#9 Posted : 09 November 2018 23:51:49

Andy,
I have been out of town for a bit and now have had a chance to install new receiver. Operating results:
-Bottom button starts Tank with great sound & All 4 red rear LED light and front lights are on. very cool indeed.
-Center button fires machine gun.
-Top button fires cannon and cannon inner LED lights and tank recoils.
-Left stick side to side rotates cannon left and right.
-Left stick up raises cannon and will also lower cannon if continually held in up position ( is this correct ? )
-Left stick down recoils cannon. ( is this correct ?)
-Right stick up moves tank in reverse yet in instructions it says it should move tank forward.
-Right stick down moves tank forward
I have checked connections. One thing i did not do when i replaced new receiver was to replace the two connection boards that came with the replacement stage 38. They appear to be exactly the same as the ones already installed.

That's what i have for you so far.
Thanks for the continued help
Brian

arpurchase
#10 Posted : 10 November 2018 00:03:29

Hi Mainjet

Everything is normal as you have listed apart from the forward/reverse controls. Try swoping the motor cables around on the control box this should correct your forward/reverse traction.

Andy

notsram
#11 Posted : 05 December 2018 14:11:39

A little late on this, but surely...

-Left stick up raises cannon and will also lower cannon if continually held in up position ( is this correct ? )

... aren't normal? It seems as though quite a few of us are having this issue
arpurchase
#12 Posted : 05 December 2018 15:00:03

notsram wrote:
A little late on this, but surely...

... aren't normal? It seems as though quite a few of us are having this issue

Could you be more specific with the problem you are having as my gun works as per the above stick controls.

HMS Vic
#13 Posted : 28 August 2019 20:10:01

Hi,
I'm late to the party on this. I have the same problem as the original post. At first both the tank and TX lights flashed permanently. I asked for a new receiver, then the transmitted light stays on after a few seconds but the tank lights still flash. I asked for a new main control board and have replaced it but still have the same problem. I have checked pins and connections and still nothing works?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul
HMS Victory, Spitfire, MP 4-23, D51, T72, Honda CB750, Harley Davidson, Hayabusa, Ducatti 1299, E-Type, Mustang and Porsche 911, VW T1 Samba. Many others from other suppliers on the go!
arpurchase
#14 Posted : 28 August 2019 20:53:03

Hi HMS Vic

The four red lights on the tank rear only light up when the on button is pressed and you get the sound of the engine starting up.On the transmitter you have three buttons on the lower left hand side the lower button when pressed will start the tank so you will hear the tank engine start the middle and upper button are for the machine gun and main gun.

If the tank will not start by pressing the start button can you do some other checks for me starting with the wi-fi/2.4G and the on off switches can you make sure they are mounted exactly as the instructions say to fit them. Next can you check that the receiver mounted in the tank has the correct codes printed on both boards and that the connecting wire from the receiver to the control box is as in posts #5 and #6 in the link below :-

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=25307

On all your connections can you check that all the pins are in the correct position in the control box and other plugs.

Andy

HMS Vic
#15 Posted : 01 September 2019 11:14:06

Hi, done all that. Have new rx and new control box. No bent pins. Tried wifi switch in both positions.
Power up tx, rapid flash, power up tank, tank lights slow flash, tx led goes steady, 2 beeps from tank, then absolutely nothing works apart from the flashing tank lights. Smoke generator is also v noisy. Also tried disconnecting all turret cable in case something there was affecting control box. Same results.
Do you reckon I need new tx and smoke gen?
HMS Victory, Spitfire, MP 4-23, D51, T72, Honda CB750, Harley Davidson, Hayabusa, Ducatti 1299, E-Type, Mustang and Porsche 911, VW T1 Samba. Many others from other suppliers on the go!
arpurchase
#16 Posted : 01 September 2019 12:27:53

Sometimes the connections look good but they are not making good contacts with each other , could you recheck them and if still no joy reorder the TX and smoke generator although mine is quite noisy and when the tank is running the smoke generator can not be heard.

HMS Vic
#17 Posted : 01 September 2019 12:52:01

Ok cheers. I am an ex network engineer and know this stuff as a regular rc builder. Will give it one last check, thanks again.
919outlet
#18 Posted : 16 March 2020 21:51:23

I to have the same problem with tank. Installed new updated receiver. Checked all wiring.I still have flashing front tank lights and no TX control.Steady red light on TX. What can I do next ? At a loss.Confused