Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New Start Options
KeithG
#1 Posted : 04 March 2020 19:05:28

Groups: Registered

Just an Introduction from a new start here. Starting the Victory with very very little previous experience...i like to set myself a challenge ! Will be browsing here and from what i see...will be picking up lots of valuable information.
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 04 March 2020 19:53:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Keith, BigGrin

Welcome to the forum.Cool

You are in the right place for any assistance you may need during your build, as there are loads of very experienced ship builders on this forum.

If you keep a build diary up to date, then should you need assistance people in the know will be able and willing to assist.

I wish you good luck in your venture.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#3 Posted : 05 March 2020 00:09:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum Keith, hope you enjoy your time with us.... Would strongly recommend you create a build diary so we can follow your progress, that makes it easier for us to give advice and assistance if and when needed..... Good luck with the build.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 05 March 2020 02:57:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome keith,
as others have said there is a lot of expertise on the forum and we are a very friendly bunch so feel free to ask away if you have any questions.The instructions for the Victory are excellent but I am sure you will have questions.

Carl

admin
#5 Posted : 05 March 2020 04:12:14

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome in!

Alan (Gandale) is our resident ship model expert, but many others will be able to support you. I think you’ll find that the directions are written in such a way that you’ll find you don’t have as many questions as you might think you will. The one, single most important thing for you to remember is that tha ONLY dumb question is the one you decide NOT to ask. The Victory is one of the most popular subjects out there. You’ll find a huge amount of info in all of the build logs regarding her.

Have fun!
goddo
#6 Posted : 09 March 2020 16:26:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Welcome to the forum Keith, especially to the HMS Victory build.
As mentioned, if you start a build diary, there are lots of talented and experienced builders on here that are only too willing to help.
Regards
Chris
KeithG
#7 Posted : 20 March 2020 22:19:55

Thank you all for the kind responses...Build is underway and about to start the planking process...all good so far with no real issues. I am liking the instructions provided...combine that with the various build videos going about and im confident with what im doing! Hopefully that continues !