Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

World of Wayne ceases Rossi build Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 11 October 2019 10:59:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Following on from the thread about Eaglemoss ceasing distribution of the DB7 kit, i watched this. At around 24:28 on his live stream, the World of Wayne presenter admits he has been asked to discontinue his Rossi Bike build 'for some unknown reason'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wness4w2fwA

Personally, i think this is a shame. I appreciate that Spal is doing an excellent job with the Official Build, but when partwork sales are down worldwide, ANY extra publicity for the kit should be snatched at with both hands. He has a large Youtube following so the extra exposure for this kit would have been worth the effort.

Does anyboby else agree?

alemo
#2 Posted : 12 October 2019 10:10:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Yes agree with you but I note that this kit doesn't have a great following judging by the build diaries.

One would think that any publicity would be welcome so why stop it.

Spal is doing a great job but getting all his photos to come on screen is impossible, even with reloads. I believe that deAg should rectify this although I am aware that they have stated they are doing nothing.

As a builder I think it's a shame that having taken pictures of our builds, resized the photos and uploaded them that they don't appear as they should and reloading doesn't work. I wonder sometimes is it worth bothering.

DeAg don't care why should I?

Rant over!

Alec
Built: Bluenose, Arab Dhow, HMS Bounty, Hummer H1, D51, Spitfire,E type Jaguar.
In Progress: HMS Victory, , Yamaha YZR-M1

Adapt, improvise, overcome.
Steve1701
#3 Posted : 12 October 2019 11:07:56

Groups:

i know what you mean, they promise and promise and we get nothing, eaglemoss said on the 8th october my parts for the db5 was posted and allow 14 days, then last night had a email saying they have refunded my £41.95. how is that right, and deagostini kept me waiting for four months for parts, we kept getting told give them time, how much time are we supposed to give, it makes my blood boil.
lotus79
#4 Posted : 28 March 2020 11:38:17

hi i feel exactly the same Rossi parts not being delivered after loads of promises that they are in the w/h and ready for dispatch,money going out of the bank,i rally would like to cancel and cut my losses but i was really looking forward to this kit but my enthusiasm has waned an awful lot lately by the way i am waiting for missing parts form pack no 11 and waiting for pack 12 +