Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

RPG models MK-15 Phalanx 1/35 Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 31 March 2020 21:13:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Meet Chuck the latest from RPG models MK-15 Phalanx in 1/35 nice kit to build and they also do the rocket version. Finished pictures only on this one. If you want a working forum that is alive and active start commenting on the work being presented or you will lose it.

arpurchase attached the following image(s):
P3316665.JPG
P3316666.JPG
P3316669.JPG
P3316672.JPG
P3316673.JPG
P3316676.JPG
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

CaptnBirdseye
#2 Posted : 31 March 2020 21:26:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very interesting kit Andy, can’t say I’ve ever seen one before.
And totally agree with the sentiment
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 31 March 2020 21:30:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Another stunner Andy.Very unusual subject too.

Carl

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 31 March 2020 22:37:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well, I`ve never seen one of these before. Blink Blink

Nice job Andy, like the oily dirty look.Cool Cool

Looked up what this was and found this quote (so I don`t want to be on the wrong end of one LOL )

"I was in the Navy and witnessed this unit being fired a few times. 3 second burst turns a 50ft boat into toothpicks".

Keep up the good work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#5 Posted : 31 March 2020 23:54:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You always build and show something different Andy and can only agree with your comments.… Another beautiful build and a nice change from the norm.... Very well done....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
budgie
#6 Posted : 01 April 2020 08:19:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin Hi Andy
Another great build and something different to feast our eyes upon.Drool Drool

Blushing I for one am guilty for not showing my appreciation for the many modellers who take the time and effort to post their progress.

The forum has grown so much that I mainly only stick to the ship modeller side of the forum.
I could spend months going through all the diaries.Drool Drool

When I visit the forum and go to recent posts a lot of the time it is filled with other subjects.

When I try to follow a build sometimes I cannot see what they have posted despite refreshing the page several times.

But mainly I find that other people have made comments that I can only repeat.

Sometimes it is best to say nothing at all (sounds like a song from my youth)
If I say well done Tom,Dick,and Harry what if I miss out Paul who has taken the same amount of time and effort, how’s he going to feel?
There are a lot of Paul’s out there

So I would like to say a big thank you to all the folks who take the time and effort to post their progress it is appreciated and gives me a lot of inspiration, to try, try try try again.
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 01 April 2020 09:53:33

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Andy, something else you’ve build that most people would even contemplate building. Love
Agree with you sentiments entirely. Keep up the great work.Cool ThumpUp

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#8 Posted : 01 April 2020 21:02:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Yes indeed, another fabulous build from you Andy, well done.

On the subject of the general apathy on this forum I can only agree with what Andy and others have said already in this thread. It is always the same handful of people that post diaries and make comment on others' work, which is unfair! There are roughly 8500 members on here which is great, but where are they? When are they going to give something back to the forum by contributing themselves (that isn't whingeing or moaning about some missing or delayed parts)?

You know, I used to be very active on here but not now as I'm afraid to say that I find it boring with little of interest if you don't like ship modelling (which I don't). We had this same discussion about a year ago, when we had the same response from people saying that they would try to contribute more and some did, for a while, but alas it has slipped back to general apathy yet again. We have had some VERY good modellers pass through this forum over the years, but sadly most of them have moved to pastures new and having spoken to most of them before they left they all said pretty much the same thing - that the forum was becoming boring and stale. I'm afraid that I agree with them!

I have my 1:72 B-29 Superfortress 'Enola Gay' build on here and I will continue to update it until it's finished. I have also started building a very nice 'Wingnut Wings' 1:32 Bristol F.2b Fighter, which I am currently posting on another more engaging forum at the moment, but I'm sorry to say that I will not be posting it on here unless things improve and to be honest if they don't then the B-29 will be my last build on Modelspace. I will leave for good at the end of it as I can't justify the time and effort that it takes to post diaries and photos when it gets little response?

Heaven knows, with the current global crisis and the forced 'stay at home' lifestyle, there should be more opportunity for members to engage with the forum, not less - but where are they?

Rant over, but I'm afraid that it needs to be said! Angry Glare

P.S. - Sorry to hijack your thread Andy.

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra