Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Spire of Dawn Options
skyfire
#1 Posted : 05 April 2020 12:15:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

A box set I have recently built. Now comes the painting of the figures.

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 05 April 2020 12:41:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Wow that`s gonna be a load of painting hours.Blink Blink

I`d really like to see how someone goes about painting these fantasy figures, so wondering if you will be doing a diary. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

skyfire
#3 Posted : 05 April 2020 14:51:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am hoping too, just need to get the wiring sorted out for the ho scale locomotive in the background, then get in to it. Not totally sure about what colours to use right now and I am stuck with what I have as the store is shut due to covid-19.
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 05 April 2020 15:03:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Thats a lot of figures to paint!!! Games workshop recently came out with their contrast range of colors for figure painting.Supposedly these paints speed up the painting of figures because you only apply these paints.With most games workshop figures you supply a base color and then a couple of layer colors and then shade and highlights.The contrast paints replace most of these steps.I have seen some really nice figures done with these paints and there are a few youtube reviews of them.

Carl

Markwarren
#5 Posted : 05 April 2020 15:40:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wow, that's a lot of figures. Good luck.Cool ThumpUp

Mark
skyfire
#6 Posted : 06 April 2020 08:14:09

Thanks.

Locomotive rewiring is all done and another 1970s vintage locomotive comes back to life.
roymattblack
#7 Posted : 06 April 2020 08:36:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I'll have to have a look at these 'Contrast' pains.
I now have my first two sets of Sigmar figures to build and paint but the somewhat lengthy painting processes I've read so far are a bit off-putting.

If these Contrast paints in any way make it easier I'll give them a try. As yes, I haven't bought a basic set of paints so maybe they will be the ones to go for.

Roy.
skyfire
#8 Posted : 06 April 2020 15:51:51

Started painting by trying out some of the technical paint I have on the base of one of the figures. Photos will come later.
skyfire
#9 Posted : 07 April 2020 08:55:22

Start of the painting using a technical paint, (Stirland Battlemire) on the base.

skyfire
#10 Posted : 10 April 2020 11:21:18

Work in progress photos of the oger.

darbyvet
#11 Posted : 10 April 2020 15:17:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

roymattblack wrote:
I'll have to have a look at these 'Contrast' pains.
I now have my first two sets of Sigmar figures to build and paint but the somewhat lengthy painting processes I've read so far are a bit off-putting.

If these Contrast paints in any way make it easier I'll give them a try. As yes, I haven't bought a basic set of paints so maybe they will be the ones to go for.

Roy.

There are tons of youtube videos showing step by step painting.Games workshop has a couple of professional painters that make them.It can be time consuming to do all the layers but the paint dries so quickly you can get through all the steps pretty quickly

The benefit of the contrast paints is they cut down on the number of layers of paint.However, they dont look as good as the regular paint protocols in my opinion.

Carl