Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

An Idiots Tale. Options
Ty.erasmus
#1 Posted : 06 April 2020 22:22:31

Groups: Registered

Good Morning/Afternoon to whoever may be reading this!

Welcome to an Idiots Tale. My name is Tyrone (Tyrin) however Ty is easier. I am on the younger side (I am 21 and a half(The half counts)) I reside in one of the shire's in the UK (Enough personal stuff). This will (hopefully) be a comprehensive and indulgent dive into how an idiot builds their very first model ship.

"Why are you torturing us by broadcasting your build on this sacred Forum" I hear you say. Well, it is because I want to watch the world burn and this is a jolly fine way to start. No, unfortunately, I don't want to watch the world burn. I have browsed the forum and have witnessed the craftsmanship and sheer dedication of this community. It has inspired me to do this.

The member's list seems to be quite extensive, so I am relying on someone who knows a little more than me (It isn't hard to) to help me not make a fool of myself, well less of a fool than I have already done. I have seen the guides and in the process of reading them.

I am currently on Issue 9 (I know very early on). Here are a few photos. Please do rip into me and give as much feedback and suggestions as possible and if you know something that will help me in an upcoming issue please do not keep it to yourself.

I have yabbered on for a while now if anyone is reading thank you for enduring the grammar/spelling mistakes. I look forward to this upcoming adventure and I look forward to engaging and learning about this amazing craft with you guys/gals!

All the best,[/left]
Ty
Ty.erasmus attached the following image(s):
SoS_CT1_1.jpg
SoS_LS_1.jpg
admin
#2 Posted : 06 April 2020 22:35:07

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome! We love build logs, and we adore build logs with pictures. (Please make sure you size your pics to 600 x 300(ish) pixels. I use organic sizing, so it can vary a bit)
Gandale
#3 Posted : 06 April 2020 22:38:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome aboard Ty, great to have you with us and great to see you posting up a diary of your build. You've come to the right place for building this beautiful kit with lots of very helpful modellers here ready to assist and guide where needed... Looking at what you've posted up so far I'd say you've gotten off to a very nice start so well done...Cool Cool

As a newbie to the hobby then you may find it very helpful to follow the Official Build for this one, it highlights some of the pitfalls you need to be aware of. The Official Build follows the build instructions step by step and can be found here:

https://forum.model-spac...topics&f=96&p=2

Should you have any queries then just ask away... Good luck with the build....

Regards

Alan
goddo
#4 Posted : 07 April 2020 13:30:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Welcome Ty,
As has already been said, welcome to the forum and it looks as though you have got off to a very good start.
Keep building, keep posting and any queries you may have will quickly be answered by the experts on here. They have been very helpful to me. Good luck.
Chris
Ty.erasmus
#5 Posted : 11 April 2020 18:08:54

Good Morning/Afternoon,

Thank you Mark! I hope these images are better size wise..., Ah I see that link has been helpful; thank you for directing me to the official build page Alan! Also thank you Chris!

I have cracked on with a few issues and I have come into an issue with issue 17 (a lot of issues aha) Issue 17 step 14. Sanding the planks to form with the two previous supports. The issue is I don’t quite know how much to sand. I have provided photo’s in an attempt to see if en expert can help this idiot on there way!

Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Ty
File Attachment(s):
92B812AF-D04D-4EBA-9087-5AB07415C51A.jpeg (34kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
3115E731-2B08-4F3E-B2D1-0A7C919F2575.jpeg (32kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
Gandale
#6 Posted : 11 April 2020 22:26:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Ty, from what I can see I'd say you're looking good. Important thing is not to sand too much off the end of the stern planks at this stage, you can always take some more off when planking the hull but you can't add. You may also find my own build diary a useful diary to follow, it covers any problems I encountered during the build....

https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=5013&p=18

Hope you find it useful....

What I would ask you to do is when you lay the first complete row of planks then post up some pics and let us take a look... post often and we'll be able to ensure you stay on the right track.... Also, format for your pics are better if they are jpg rather than jpeg....

Keep up the good work...

Regards

Alan