Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Missing plans Options
madisoncpa
#1 Posted : 15 April 2020 18:17:48

Groups: Registered

Around 8 months ago, I purchased the HMS Surprise kit on eBay from a gentleman in KY. He was selling due to the onset of vision problems which made it impossible to start the kit. He had purchased three model kits from Model-Space and this was one of them.

He indicated on eBay that the kit had been opened, but he had not started the kit. Unfortunately, the only instructions were the booklets for each of the build stages, and the sail plan. I have subsequently obtained the 4 foot mast plan printed 1:1 on shiny paper.

I still need the 1:1 yard plan and whatever else I am missing. The seller has tried for 8 months to get the missing plans which he says were never in the kit in the first place. He was unaware of the missing plans. He claims Model-Space has been unresponsive to his requests to buy a full set, etc. I have tried to talk to Model-Space but they won't give me the time of day since I am not the original purchaser.

So I need help. I am asking if someone who has completed the build of the Surprise can loan me the missing prints needed to finish the ship, or if not a loan, I'll purchase the plans. Also, can someone send me a list of the plans, etc. that should have been included so I can narrow my search to only the plans I am missing.

I am new at this hobby, and I'm getting off to a bad start. Buying a model kit on eBay was not very bright on my part. Lesson learned.

Help!!Crying
Gandale
#2 Posted : 15 April 2020 19:33:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You may find this helpful... Look under the build tab for downloadable instructions and mast plans.....Cool Cool

https://www.model-space....d-the-hms-surprise.html

Regards

Alan