Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Handrail Fittings Options
mwstratton
#1 Posted : 13 September 2019 05:28:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

So I have finished pack 9 up to the last stage where the handrails of the forecastle is finished. At the aft end of the rails, there is a quarter circle brass fitting. When finished, there are a total of 8 of these fittings, but there are only 6 provided. (2 each in stages 89, 90 and 91) where do the last 2 fittings come from?

Mark
Currently: Soliel Royal, Deag DC-3, DeAg Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500

Prior builds: Mayflower, USS Constitution, Academy 1/800 USS Kitty Hawk, Revell's 1/48 A 10 Warthog

Under the Bench:

On Hold: Revell's 1/48 P 61 Black Widow; AL L'Hermione La Fayette
Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 13 September 2019 07:18:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I had the same thing and I was missing the two rail fittings and also some guns so I would count the number of guns you have and phone CS for the missing parts .
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
mwstratton
#3 Posted : 13 September 2019 08:13:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks Martyn, I am short the 2 fittings and some 10 mm columns. The thing I hate about getting replacement from CS, is that you can not just tell them the part you are missing, you must request a specific stage. I know this because I did contact them to get 2 fittings and 20 10mm columns and just got stage 83 that had 10 columns but didnt get any fittings.

Guess I'll try again.

Mark
Currently: Soliel Royal, Deag DC-3, DeAg Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500

Prior builds: Mayflower, USS Constitution, Academy 1/800 USS Kitty Hawk, Revell's 1/48 A 10 Warthog

Under the Bench:

On Hold: Revell's 1/48 P 61 Black Widow; AL L'Hermione La Fayette
iosman
#4 Posted : 10 January 2020 19:38:10

mwstratton wrote:
Thanks Martyn, I am short the 2 fittings and some 10 mm columns. The thing I hate about getting replacement from CS, is that you can not just tell them the part you are missing, you must request a specific stage. I know this because I did contact them to get 2 fittings and 20 10mm columns and just got stage 83 that had 10 columns but didnt get any fittings.

Guess I'll try again.

Mark

thanks my issue has been fixed.

giftek
#5 Posted : 20 April 2020 12:54:53

Seems like column is an issue as come across on stage 103 run out of columns to complete on one side, spent rest of the day rechecking the whole kit to see what else was missing. just incase in the wrong pack, come across two windows short as well after another day carefully rechecking, discovered that on stage 88 pack 8 was the the pack that is missing, have Emailed so hopefully will get replacement