Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

R2 Camera Issue Options
TarrikDane
#1 Posted : 21 April 2020 21:37:00

Groups: Registered

Hi All! I just finished my R2 build over the weekend, and when I powered it up, everything appeared to be working fine... except for the camera. When I go into video mode on the app, nothing would appear. I thought it wasnt working at all, but I left the app open while I was doing something else and I noticed the video image. I tried to move R2 around and noticed that the frame rate was extremely low. Without exaggeration its about 1 frame every 5-10 seconds.

To troubleshoot, I powered him down, and powered him back up, reconnected with the app, and was back to no video. As I did the first time, I let it sit, and it took about 10 minutes or so for the video to appear. Continued to have the same framerate issues.

The last thing I tried to do was reseat the camera's ribbon cable to the main board and power it back up. Same issues are occurring. Has anyone else run into this, and have any advice on how to resolve? I wanted to check here before reaching out to support.
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 21 April 2020 22:38:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

It sounds like a WiFi signal issue. Are you using WiFi mode or direct mode. The direct mode maybe better, or move it closer to the router. I’ve noticed over the last few weeks with all that is going on in the world and everyone using the internet, my WiFi signal at home is not as good as it has been.

Mark
TarrikDane
#3 Posted : 21 April 2020 22:59:40

Groups: Registered

Thank you for responding! I am using direct mode already, unfortunately
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 22 April 2020 08:00:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

In that case I would phone C/s and asked for a replacement camera.

Mark