Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Head does not move, and R2 only goes in a circle clockwise Options
sreiner870
#1 Posted : 05 January 2020 23:25:16

Groups: Registered

I can't get my R2 to go in a straight line, he only goes in a clockwise circle. Also his head does not move. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
skyfire
#2 Posted : 06 January 2020 09:06:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

For a start double check all wiring, ensuring you have things plugged in to the correct ports and that the wires are all pushed in fully.

Also try looking at the R2D2 trouble shooting guide.
https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=32756
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 06 January 2020 10:24:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

As skyfire has just said, check all the cables. It does sound like some cables are either not fully seated in their slots or you have the wrong cable in the wrong connections. The first thing to do, although it is time consuming is to methodical go through each and every cable and ensure they are seated correctly in their allotted slots.

Regards
Mark
sreiner870
#4 Posted : 19 January 2020 18:04:21

Okay...I've gone through everything and it checks out okay. Via the app, I can move R2's head. make him go backwards and forward (although it's still in a circle), take pictures and video, show the holograms, move the arms and the lightsaber. The app does not show the battery level. I've checked the motor on the right leg and it works fine. Any suggestion?
Charlie Dude
#5 Posted : 19 January 2020 19:57:46

sreiner870 wrote:
Okay...I've gone through everything and it checks out okay. Via the app, I can move R2's head. make him go backwards and forward (although it's still in a circle), take pictures and video, show the holograms, move the arms and the lightsaber. The app does not show the battery level. I've checked the motor on the right leg and it works fine. Any suggestion?

What about the motor on the left leg, does it work? Does it turn left and right?

There's also a small white plug with two wires in it that come from the battery pack that might not be connected properly causing the no battery level problem.

What happens when you put R2 in "patrol mode"?
sreiner870
#6 Posted : 22 January 2020 23:31:36

The motor in the left leg works fine (R2 only moves in a clockwise direction going forward and counter-clockwise in reverse) he can sense objects in front of him. Patrol mode is the same. Will check on the connection that you mentioned.
Charlie Dude
#7 Posted : 23 January 2020 00:29:42

Okay, you've said the right leg motor works, and the left leg motor works, but R2 goes in circles when driving forwards and backwards? That makes no sense?

You wrote:(R2 only moves in a clockwise direction going forward and counter-clockwise in reverse) That would mean the right leg motor isn't working?

Sounds like you have a bad motor in the right leg or a connection issue in the legs wiring.
sreiner870
#8 Posted : 25 January 2020 00:14:13

I unplugged the cable to the right leg motor and hooked it up to the test board to make sure that it works, which it does. When everything is connected to the main board, the right leg motor does not work, thus R2 only goes in a circle. Thus it could be the wiring or the main board. When I first turned R2 on, his head never moved although I can move it from the app so I know that the head motor works. Again, could it be that the main board is faulty?
Markwarren
#9 Posted : 25 January 2020 10:17:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

It could be a faulty board. First, check that the pins on the boards socket have not been bent stopping a good connection. If that seems okay, the next step would be to switch the leg motors over into the other ones socket and see if the motor that is not working works. If the other leg stops working, this would then certainly point to a faulty board.

Mark
sreiner870
#10 Posted : 26 January 2020 19:15:43

Okay, I will try that. Thanks
Iggie9
#11 Posted : 28 April 2020 12:38:17

I had the same
Issue where r2 only went in a circle. It was caused by the LF-M cable being in wrong way around