Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Motor keeps driving Options
rpgoulet
#1 Posted : 03 May 2020 08:33:44

Groups: Registered

Received issue 74 so I could finally check my circuit board. Everything checked great until I went to close the wings and the motor wouldn't stop driving. Had to take everything back apart to troubleshoot. When you first hit the remote button the wings drive open and switch 14 stops the motor. Hit the remote again and the wings drive closed and switch 13 stops the motor. That doesn't work, tried it manually. I ohms checked the switch and it's wiring and it's good. That left the circuit board. While the motor was driving for closing the wings I jumpered socket 13 and it didn't stop the motor, so bad circuit board. Now I have to get a new board and remove all the plugs from the bad one without breaking any!
rpgoulet
#2 Posted : 04 May 2020 22:01:34

Update: I do not have a bad circuit board. When manually testing the switches and circuit board with the wings off use the following procedure:
1. Start the motor driving with the remote, this simulates driving the wings open
2. Close switch 14 to stop the motor. You MUST keep it closed.
3. Restart the motor with the remote and let switch 14 open. This will simulate wings coming closed.
4. Close switch 13 and it should stop the motor.
tschwand
#3 Posted : 05 May 2020 03:44:36

There is a sticky topic above on this, Wing motor problem and repair. Seems to be the wing curvature not making contact with the switch. Nowhere near that far along myself yet.
rpgoulet
#4 Posted : 05 May 2020 06:50:50

I saw that and am now adding a shim to the bottom of the tab that closes switch 13. If the shim is too big the wings won't close all the way, too small and you have to take it apart to add more. I wish the switch had been made adjustable.