Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Johnny Walker Logos ... Thoughts? Options
Senna94
#21 Posted : 16 May 2011 18:52:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Not had much joy with the logo today!
Going to give it another crack tomorrow, watch this space!
Building the McLaren MP4-23
Senna94
#22 Posted : 17 May 2011 14:15:09

Hey guys,

I've managed to get a base logo now with a transparent background for the decal, my issue now is I don't know the measurements of the wing mirror, which I guess we all wont until they are released.

Im going to try formulate a decal for the rear wing end plates aswell, saves spending needless amounts of money on importing from yonder.

Has anyone got any high res pics they can post/send so I can work on getting the logo spot on?

Keep your comments coming!! I'll post the pic shortly.
lholland
#23 Posted : 17 May 2011 14:28:37

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi There. I am a newbie to the site and very much looking forward to this build. I have vector artwork of the Johnnie walker logo and could set these up hi-res and post up for you to use. As with yourselves I don't know the exact size they need to be so if there is any way we could find out then I could create the logos ready for print. I am happy to do this for nothing as the logo does not belong to me, besides evrything helps in making the perfect replica.
Senna94
#24 Posted : 17 May 2011 14:52:25

I just had a brain wave, not very often LOL

I've got the 1:18 scale Brazil Hamilton model, So I've tried to get some pics of that, whilst searching the net aswell.

I'm going to post the logo aswell... yes it does have Do not copy message, I mean I've spent a good couple of hours perfecting it!! BigGrin

My Decal paper has come today aswell so I'll try it out... Im on nights this week so I probably wont have chance to try it this week, but I'll keep updating on progress!

deanojeavo
#25 Posted : 17 May 2011 15:14:09

Senna94 wrote:
I just had a brain wave, not very often LOL

I've got the 1:18 scale Brazil Hamilton model, So I've tried to get some pics of that, whilst searching the net aswell.

I'm going to post the logo aswell... yes it does have Do not copy message, I mean I've spent a good couple of hours perfecting it!! BigGrin

My Decal paper has come today aswell so I'll try it out... Im on nights this week so I probably wont have chance to try it this week, but I'll keep updating on progress!

photo's you uploaded haven't worked mate i just got the red X lol
Mclaren MP4-23 - COMPLETED
Red Bull RB7 - COMPLETED
Senna MP4-4 - COMPLETED
Senna94
#26 Posted : 17 May 2011 15:52:33

Oops Ill try again BigGrin

deanojeavo
#27 Posted : 18 May 2011 00:46:27

that worked hhe :) nice pics btw lol
Mclaren MP4-23 - COMPLETED
Red Bull RB7 - COMPLETED
Senna MP4-4 - COMPLETED
Senna94
#28 Posted : 20 May 2011 15:30:53

Ok, just an update guys,

Ive tested the first decal out, just onto a piece of plastic casing thats come with the model just to see how it looks etc.

It looks ok, but the colour has faded a tad, overall happy with it.

Going to test it some more over the next few weeks and I'll come back with either a yey or neh...

Watch this space.
Warthog
#29 Posted : 20 May 2011 18:19:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Senna94 wrote:
Ok, just an update guys,

Ive tested the first decal out, just onto a piece of plastic casing thats come with the model just to see how it looks etc.

It looks ok, but the colour has faded a tad, overall happy with it.

Going to test it some more over the next few weeks and I'll come back with either a yey or neh...

Watch this space.

Be interesting to see if the black is better with a coat of lacquer on it Senna.. Plus if it will react? Keep up the good work BigGrin
davyp1
#30 Posted : 29 May 2011 10:36:57

Red Medal: Red Medal

Ill be happy to buy these decals aswell.
BigGrin
bazza
#31 Posted : 06 June 2011 21:06:56

+2 sounds like a plan..
HAWK
#32 Posted : 15 June 2011 20:41:52

Hi All. You need to buy photo decal paper from the website: http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.ukThey do water slide decals for ink jet and laser printers. You can also choose clear paper (for light bodywork) or white paper which lets you print stuff for dark areas.

I've created 1:8th scale carbon fibre decals for the McLaren using this stuff. If you use an ink jet printer, then you have to use the sealer that they also sell.You can't clear coat the silver on the model, i've tried with Halfords lacquer, which I always use on models. It doesn't react with the silver but it does make it appear like metallic paint instead of chrome. You can spray the red, ive done the front wing and it looks much more realistic.

I've already got hi res decals of the Johnny Walker logo as last weekend I made a 1:8 scale Hamilton helmet, and i'm going to make a driver figure also.I'll upload some pics soon.
MWG
#33 Posted : 15 June 2011 20:49:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good stuff HawkBigGrin I would by a set to help with your costsThumpUp
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

scotty2hotty
#34 Posted : 15 June 2011 20:56:27

HAWK wrote:
Hi All. You need to buy photo decal paper from the website: http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.ukThey do water slide decals for ink jet and laser printers. You can also choose clear paper (for light bodywork) or white paper which lets you print stuff for dark areas.

I've created 1:8th scale carbon fibre decals for the McLaren using this stuff. If you use an ink jet printer, then you have to use the sealer that they also sell.You can't clear coat the silver on the model, i've tried with Halfords lacquer, which I always use on models. It doesn't react with the silver but it does make it appear like metallic paint instead of chrome. You can spray the red, ive done the front wing and it looks much more realistic.

I've already got hi res decals of the Johnny Walker logo as last weekend I made a 1:8 scale Hamilton helmet, and i'm going to make a driver figure also.I'll upload some pics soon.

liking the sound of this. dont leave us waiting too long!BigGrin
Senna94
#35 Posted : 01 September 2011 11:45:50

Hi Guys, sorry been away a while!
I gave up on these... I tried, but I wasn't getting the correct finish, Hawk how have you gone on with these?
Let me know!
Cheers!
scottww86
#36 Posted : 03 September 2011 11:39:50

not sure if this is any use to you to get a rough size from??
scottww86 attached the following image(s):
244pq5.jpg
If at first you don't succeed........skydiving is not for you!
Warthog
#37 Posted : 04 September 2011 19:21:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

I might be able to save the day here if your going to do them for other members.... The dacal sets I have, come with either the full johnnie Walker Logo inc Schuco etc or just the JW to add to the wing.. so if either of you have a good printer and decal paper and is willing (obviously for a small charge to cover costs etc to yourself) to do these for other members then I will give one of the JW logo's to the Forum... PM me if you want to discuss this further..

Spencer (Wart)
Warthog attached the following image(s):
P1015144.jpg