Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

R2D2 start up problems Options
Curtis12
#1 Posted : 18 June 2020 19:49:03

Groups: Registered

Hi when turning on the R2d2 it jerks forward like it says it should the head does not turn around and the light does not go blue it stay red and that is all it does any body had same problem and no how to fix it
Cheers
Mick
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 19 June 2020 07:58:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Mick
It sounds like a power problem, maybe with the batteries. A troubleshooting guid to help can be found here.
Troubleshooting Guide

Pay particular attention to the battery contacts in the battery box. It also shows how to check if there is the right voltage.

Mark
Curtis12
#3 Posted : 20 June 2020 07:17:00

Groups: Registered

Thanks mark I’ll try that I did everything with the batteries it said charged them all individually with the charger got the ones they asked for but I will try that and see if it works
Cheers
Mick
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 20 June 2020 08:05:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Curtis12 wrote:
Thanks mark I’ll try that I did everything with the batteries it said charged them all individually with the charger got the ones they asked for but I will try that and see if it works
Cheers
Mick

Hi Mick
Sometimes the contacts on the batteries don’t make contact in the battery box. Also thoroughly check the cables making sure there is a good contact and not inverted.

Good luck

Mark