Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

John Mann Options
John Mann
#1 Posted : 04 July 2020 19:56:54

Groups: Registered

Problem. Bonnet does not close properly. Space between it and the bulkhead.
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 05 July 2020 09:34:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

John

Do you have any pictures you could post as it might make The issue a little clearer.

I have just finished my Jaguar, and while no means an expert builder, i was please by just how well the bonnet did fit.

As far as i can see the bonnet front end will only fit one way, so just wondering if its possible you do not have something screwed in far enough, in particular the “cage” that makes to the Engine support/frame.

I know on mine some of the paint had filled the screw and location holes so i had a little bit of work to do to clean that area up.

Hoping you get some other suggestions that will help you resolve your issue.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 05 July 2020 14:32:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Also, check you have assembled the front hinge supports correctly. It's possible to put some of the parts the wrong way round which will cause a gap...
John Mann
#4 Posted : 05 July 2020 15:10:44

birdaj2 wrote:
John

Do you have any pictures you could post as it might make The issue a little clearer.

I have just finished my Jaguar, and while no means an expert builder, i was please by just how well the bonnet did fit.

As far as i can see the bonnet front end will only fit one way, so just wondering if its possible you do not have something screwed in far enough, in particular the “cage” that makes to the Engine support/frame.

I know on mine some of the paint had filled the screw and location holes so i had a little bit of work to do to clean that area up.

Tony

John Mann
#5 Posted : 05 July 2020 15:31:44

birdaj2 wrote:
John

Tony

Thank you

Not a computer expert but am trying to send photographs of bonnet and lugs ( which are right way round and firm)
John Mann
#6 Posted : 05 July 2020 16:15:14

roymattblack wrote:
Also, check you have assembled the front hinge supports correctly. It's possible to put some of the parts the wrong way round which will cause a gap.

Thanks for your reply. The front hinge supports are the correct way round and firm.
I have had another reply from birdaj2 who has aske for photographs. Unfortunately although I have years of all types of modelling I am no computer expert, so I am struggling with sending these. I will keep trying. I have built two Ag MS motor cycles and had no trouble. This model is different. I was lucky to recover an old Forum solution (1990s) about attaching the wheels but they are still more wobbly than expected.
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 05 July 2020 18:03:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi John

Lots of info in the thread below about posting pictures.

Hope it helps.

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=244

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"