Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Delayed Deliveries Options
admin
#1 Posted : 05 July 2020 06:05:48

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,

Since I have been Admin, I have allowed posts that describe issues with deliveries or parts. I am a firm believer in transparency, and I feel that you, the customers, have a right to be heard. In addition to transparency, seeing the issues that you all are facing allows the FST and myself to see trends, and to step in and fix what we can.

However, effective immediately, and until the Covid-19 Pandemic is substantially decreased, I will NO LONGER permit "where are my parts pack" type of posts.
It should be absolutely obvious to anyone with a TV, a newspaper subscription, or a computer capable of delivering the news that the world is not proceeding as normal. Parts shipment are delayed, and is is ABSOLUTELY due to Covid-19. There are hundreds of thousands of packages held up in shipping depots across the world, and DeAgostini does NOT have a magic wand that can cause shipments of parts packs to teleport.

I realize that we are all yearning for normal again. I realize that we are all wound up so tightly we are ready to explode. I realize that our hobby should be the one reliable refuge from the world and that delayed parts packs for a build we look forward to is INCREDIBLY frustrating, but venting on the forums does nothing, and we can't help.

If you feel the need to cancel your subscription, I would strongly advise you to read the fine print regarding the parts you have in hand. But, what I really would like to counsel is the need for patience. We are living in severely abnormal times, and we are in need of a severe ability to adapt, for the time being.

Gandale
#2 Posted : 08 July 2020 08:41:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Brought back on the board for those who haven't seen this notice.....

Regards

Alan