Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Peter Hyde Options
Peter Hyde
#1 Posted : 10 July 2020 20:31:34

Groups: Registered

Hi, I just started number 19, and have hit a problem, the first instruction is putting the forks bracket in place with screw "Q", that screw just drops into the hole and will not tighten looks like it is too short and dia to small, any advice welcome.

Regards

Peter
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 10 July 2020 22:39:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Peter Hyde wrote:
Hi, I just started number 19, and have hit a problem, the first instruction is putting the forks bracket in place with screw "Q", that screw just drops into the hole and will not tighten looks like it is too short and dia to small, any advice welcome.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter, BigGrin

Firstly welcome to the forum.Cool

Now I`ve not built this kit, but have had a look at the official build to see if there were any amendments for the issue you have and the answer is no. So looking at the parts supplied for pack 19 Stage 70 I noticed the following:

You should have been supplied,

Screw O x3
Screw Q x2

Screw O is thinner than screw Q and the packs identification looks similar. So my question is, have you accidentally picked up the wrong screw or have you may be been sent two packs of the same screws?

Check it out and come back to this thread. If not sorted we`ll see if there are any other suggestions.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Peter Hyde
#3 Posted : 11 July 2020 08:19:43

Hi Thanks for replying, double checked screws, am using the correct one,
On closer inspection the casting on the frame is not perfect and have not butted together snugly causing the screw hole to be a fraction too big, checked all securing fixings, they are ok,my options seem to be a larger screw or ptfe tape,as this fixing is the main one to secure the heavy wheel and forks assy, it's causing me some concern that there may be excessive movement when assembled

Regards

Peter
alemo
#4 Posted : 11 July 2020 09:55:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Peter,

Is the nut issued in pack 11 stage 43 in the correct location when fitting the right frame in stage 44?

Length of Q screw thread is 11.8mm.

I hope this helps.

Alec
Built: Bluenose, Arab Dhow, HMS Bounty, Hummer H1, D51, Spitfire,E type Jaguar.
In Progress: HMS Victory, , Yamaha YZR-M1

Adapt, improvise, overcome.