Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

issue 61 fighting top problem Options
pfcdre
#1 Posted : 30 July 2020 14:15:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi all, i am at the stage where i need to make up the 27 ribs for the fighting top. The instructions say use 1x5mm wood as does the video, but my parts with issue 61 only seem to have 2x5mm, i have 1x5mm from previous issues but it just does not look right on the instructions or video it looks more like 2x5mm, can someone please clarify as i cannot move forward until i know, thanks alot. Andre
Gandale
#2 Posted : 30 July 2020 16:56:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

If you look at text on the Official Build for this issue it does state to use 2x5mm strips. 2x5mm strips was also used on the Official Video build...

https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=2372

Hope this helps..

Regards

Alan
pfcdre
#3 Posted : 30 July 2020 19:36:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Many thanks Alan, she is taking shape nicely, i have 4 more projects waiting but the victory is teaching me so much i will feel well armed to take them onBigGrin thanks for the help. will post pics soon.cheers