Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stage 77 Fuselage top Options
Flyteach
#1 Posted : 22 September 2020 01:56:12

Groups: Registered

Howdy,
As I see I've even outrun the official build diary (nothing happens after Memorial Day?) I'm a little stuck with getting the fuselage top to fit correctly over the two small pins sticking up. Seems like every time I just set it down and can see the pins, as soon as I lower the piece a little farther the pins move to the side and won't fit up through the holes. Does anyone know the trick to getting this done?
Thanks!
Jim/Flyteach
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 22 September 2020 19:43:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Jim

Not at issue 77 yet. I assume you are talking about the two pins for R2 to operate. Having looked at the instructions and images, I can only presume that the holes are stopping the pins going through. Check there is not anything blocking the pin passage, such as moulded ridge that was left over in production. Maybe get something of the pin size and push it through the holes to clear it.
Sorry I can’t help any more.

Mark
Flyteach
#3 Posted : 22 September 2020 20:02:35

Groups: Registered

Hi Mark,
Actually, I got it, but thanks for the reply. What I had to do was push a pin (used my awl which is about 3 inches long) in the whole just to the side of the two pin holes and kept moving the pin base around until they fit. It was just fidly.
Jim