Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wheel Spoke Defect in Issue 52 Options
slimguy
#1 Posted : 24 September 2020 18:01:02

Groups: Registered

I am presently on Issue 52 which is the third wheel (left front ) and I got down to my final spoke in Packet B. That final spoke has been manufactured without the nailhead at the end such that the spoke completely slips through the hole in the rim. Has anyone experienced this proplem? If so how did you manage to get around the issue? Since DeAg does not provide extra spokes like they do screws, perhaps all I can do is request a new B packet of spokes from customer service? Thanks for any input you may have.
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 24 September 2020 21:03:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

slimguy wrote:
I am presently on Issue 52 which is the third wheel (left front ) and I got down to my final spoke in Packet B. That final spoke has been manufactured without the nailhead at the end such that the spoke completely slips through the hole in the rim. Has anyone experienced this proplem? If so how did you manage to get around the issue? Since DeAg does not provide extra spokes like they do screws, perhaps all I can do is request a new B packet of spokes from customer service? Thanks for any input you may have.

Hi slimguy, from not such a slimguy,Blushing LOL

If you can`t find someone with a spare spoke (Type B) and need to contact CS you will need to order a replacement issue that includes the type B spokes. They do not normally just supply the odd part.

If you can`t get/source one in the next few days then PM me as I have purchased several wheel part issues to get extra wheel jigs etc and will post a few if I`ve got them across the pond to you.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

slimguy
#3 Posted : 24 September 2020 21:16:02

Thanks Derek for the response. I will contact CS and see what needs to be ordered. Your help is always appreciated.
Slimguy
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 24 September 2020 21:40:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

slimguy wrote:
Thanks Derek for the response. I will contact CS and see what needs to be ordered. Your help is always appreciated.
Slimguy

Hi again, LOL

I`ve had a look at the official build and the type A/type B spokes are in the following issues:

For the spare wheel issue 5.(Not sure if it makes a difference).

For the four main wheels issues 40,52,56 and 80.

Any one of these will do, but gives you a better chance with CS in case a certain issue is out of stock.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

slimguy
#5 Posted : 24 September 2020 22:43:46

HI Derek...my problem spoke came up in Issue 52. I just got off the phone with CS and gave them the issue number, serial number and batch number. CS said they would send me a replacement spoke. It should be on its way to me here in the US in 2 to 3 weeks. Thanks for all the help and support.
Slimguy
roymattblack
#6 Posted : 25 September 2020 08:02:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

As a simple fix - get an ordinary dress makers pin, cut the point off and bend it to shape using pliers.
I did that on one of my wheels when I was a spoke short.
Very easy and totally unnoticeable.BigGrin
slimguy
#7 Posted : 25 September 2020 13:20:33

Hii there Roy, very interesting solution. One concern I have is that the head of the pin may impede the proper placement of the center knockoff? I have not looked ahead so I have no idea yet how they fit. I will look around here for a pin that has a small head and is long enough to match the packet B spoke. I completed the right rear wheel and tire assembly yesterday. No defects in any of the packet B or packet A spokes. I am happy to say, absent the one issue with the spoke I am doing quite famously on the wheels. Steep learning curve iwith the first wheel which is the spare But each subsequent wheel becomes easier and easier to complete.