Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Creating selfmade showcase surfaces Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 20 September 2020 08:46:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi all
We all build some wonderful models, and some of them cost a lot of money. If they are finished they are exposed to the dust over time if they are not in a showcase. Unfortunately, apart from the Delorean, you only get the display case, but no surfaces. I have now started to build a separate underground for each of my models. The surfaces are now ready so that I can start lighting the showcases. Sometimes it is subtle and sometimes a bit crazy and showy, like with the GT 40: Here I used the car colors and the Gulf logo. It was a crazy time.I think a lot of money will flow out of my pocket until I have them all under a display caseBigGrin

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 20 September 2020 09:14:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice workLove All mine with the exception of the Vespa are in cases, the biggest case is the Millennium Falcon and wow that is big.
You have quite an impressive collection.Love Drool

Mark
Andreas
#3 Posted : 20 September 2020 09:29:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Thanks Mark,
yes, over the years a lot has accumulatedBigGrin . Motorcycles, cars, Millenium Falcon, R2D2 etc. So there is still a lot to do. My "Modelling Kingdom" is two Rooms in my house,but not enough for me, need more Space.Had to talk to my Girlfriend.BigGrin

Forum Support Team
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 20 September 2020 10:12:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Some great stuff going on there. Lovely displays.
I know what you mean about more space needed though... lol.LOL LOL LOL
Andreas
#5 Posted : 25 September 2020 08:48:15

Thanks everybody!BigGrin

The first showcase is now ready. The Ferrari 312 T4 has its home. Here I worked with wood again for a change. Wood was processed, strips cut and everything glued according to the dimensions of the showcase. I still had the spotlights, they were colored and given logos. The Ferrari logo was attached with power magnets so that it doesn't always slide back and forth on the plate. The spotlights now discreetly illuminate the important assembly of the model. One is now finished, but some are still waiting in the pipeline

Forum Support Team
andali15
#6 Posted : 25 September 2020 18:09:19

Groups: Registered

Brilliant showcase. Great idea for lighting. On to the next one? Andy.