Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A tale of woe - looking for help Options
rip501
#1 Posted : 26 September 2020 18:55:00

Groups: Registered

I have been building the Porsche 911 Carrera since November 2019 (so about halfway through) and generally all has gone well.
I have had a couple of issues with parts which were sorted out pretty quickly by Customer Service after I contacted them on the Facebook messenger link.

About three weeks ago however, my wife decided to move my model and unfortunately dropped it.
There is not huge damage, some broken parts and quite a few tears..

Since then I have been trying to find out if I can purchase spares to be able to fix it, but no success.
I only need an Issue 33, issue 37 and issues 39 and I will buy the complete new packs that the parts are in if possible so I can repair the damage.

I have contacted the Facebook messenger 3 times but this time no response, I have sent a mail to customercare@deagostini.co.uk and another to modelspace@deagostini.co.uk but not received any responses to these either.

Are these the correct addresses?
Any other suggestions on how best to get in touch?
Is it even possible to purchase spares?
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 26 September 2020 19:16:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

rip501 wrote:
I have been building the Porsche 911 Carrera since November 2019 (so about halfway through) and generally all has gone well.
I have had a couple of issues with parts which were sorted out pretty quickly by Customer Service after I contacted them on the Facebook messenger link.

About three weeks ago however, my wife decided to move my model and unfortunately dropped it.
There is not huge damage, some broken parts and quite a few tears..

Since then I have been trying to find out if I can purchase spares to be able to fix it, but no success.
I only need an Issue 33, issue 37 and issues 39 and I will buy the complete new packs that the parts are in if possible so I can repair the damage.

I have contacted the Facebook messenger 3 times but this time no response, I have sent a mail to customercare@deagostini.co.uk and another to modelspace@deagostini.co.uk but not received any responses to these either.

Are these the correct addresses?
Any other suggestions on how best to get in touch?
Is it even possible to purchase spares?

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

That`s really bad news.

By far the best way to contact CS as you`re in the UK is as follows:

You should contact: 0333 240 1227 (8am - 5pm)

Any issues (not many) I have had in all the years I`ve been involved with Deag have always been resolved this way.

When you contact them have all your account details to hand, see what they say and take a note of the name to whom you speak.

That done come back to this discussion and let us know how things go.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

rip501
#3 Posted : 28 September 2020 13:45:21

Groups: Registered

Thanks Derek

I managed to talk to Customer Services and I can buy each stage I need to fix the damage @£9.99 each through PayPal.

I very much appreciate your help.
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 28 September 2020 13:54:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

rip501 wrote:
Thanks Derek

I managed to talk to Customer Services and I can buy each stage I need to fix the damage @£9.99 each through PayPal.

I very much appreciate your help.

Very HAPPY to help BigGrin BigGrin . Even happier that you got things sorted to recover your build to where it was. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Good luck with the rest of your build.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"