Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Optimized Dashboard Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 27 September 2020 11:20:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi all
After assembling Pack 7 from the GT 40, I had to change a few things. The toggle switches for the functions as well as the dashboard without its lighting. First I bent the toggle switches with heat and then redesigned the color. Then fiber optic cables were laid to give some control lights a function. The dashboard displays were then illuminated. Now I like the dashboard a lot better. Some pics below,as well on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMyGSWNOZpM

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
CaptnBirdseye
#2 Posted : 27 September 2020 11:57:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Love What a brilliant idea, Andreas, and one i think will be copied many times by GT40 builders ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 27 September 2020 12:04:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice work Andrea, and great idea, certainly brings it to life a bit more.Love Love

Mark
Eagle
#4 Posted : 27 September 2020 13:37:18

Red Medal: Red Medal

well done; I'm very much interested on how you did the dashboard lighting; can you show us or do another YouTube on the parts needed and how to install?
GlynD
#5 Posted : 11 October 2020 13:53:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nice Andreas I think you just raised the bar for the rest of us Crying
Andreas
#6 Posted : 11 October 2020 15:08:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi Guys,
sorry of course I want to share it with you. It's not a big story.
The first picture I attached shows how I did it. I enlarged the hole (red line) a little. If you put the cover for the speedometer etc. (black) on the transparent cover, you will see how much space you have to drill the holes without a hole becoming too big afterwards and this will then be visible when you install everything in the dashboard. The hole (black line) in the picture is a screw connection point for the upper dashboard cover. You will get it with delivery 8. Now it comes, the top cover is screwed onto the dashboard at three points. Left + Middle + Right. I left out the middle one and enlarged the hole. The left and right screw connections are stable enough. the dashboard cover is nice and tight. Now I have placed two SMD leds in these holes. The transparent plate guides the light. This means that all instruments are illuminated. Blinking LEDs were used for all the colored indicator lights. 1mm holes were drilled through. Then fiber optic cables were pushed through and fixed on the LED's with shrink tubing. Important! I drilled all the holes for the fiber optic cables after I had assembled everything. There is a lot of space behind the dashboard to accommodate everything.
My last pictures shows the GT40 after assembling delivery 8 today. As you can see everything fitts very well.Made some mods here too.
I wish you success !!

best Andreas

Pics after assembling Pack 8.

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
bfam4t6
#7 Posted : 12 October 2020 00:21:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The extra details looks great!
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos