Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dodge Charger R/T, Pack 7 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 16 October 2020 04:04:02

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Box 7 Stage 25 Assembling the Firewall

Stage 25.1 & 2 There are hex nuts molded on the posts and hex reliefs on the Firewall. I tapped the posts to get the nut to the relief easily. The relay, part 25c, and the grounding connector, part 25d are plastic. These are press fit parts in 25.3 and 25.4. Be careful with the press fit.

Stage 26 The Braking System

I found that pre tapping these plastic parts makes the assembly process much easier. Most of the parts that have to do with the brakes are plastic.

A pair of tweezers are packed in the blister pack. Makes me wonder what’s up.
Stage 26 There are alignment slots on almost all the parts. All the assemblies in this stage, steps 26.1 thru step 26.6, go together pretty easily with no problems. Don,t overtighten the plastic parts.

Steps 26.7 & 8 puts the engine housings, parts 22b and 23b, to the firewall, part 25a.

Steps 26.9 & 10 I now know why we got tweezers. I got the front clip and engine assembly out and took the wheels and tires off. They’ll need to be off later anyway. I didn’t put the washer and screw back on the spindle, so betcha know what I was looking for later. Put the hoses on as indicated on part 26g. Now the fun begins. 26.10 attaches the connectors and hose to the frame. Before you put the connector and hoses on, read ahead to, 26.10,11 & 12 and figure out where each of the hoses go. You’ll need to feed each of the hoses thru the frame, suspension,and engine assembly towards the final connection points. I put the connector and hoses to the frame connection first. Big mistake. Took a bunch of patience to figure out that I had to disconnect the assembly and feed the hoses thru first. I finally got the hoses to where I could connect the assembly to the frame and got the hoses to where they belong. Leave the wheels and tires off for the next step.

Stage 27 Attaching the engine housing steps 27.1 thru 27.11

Take parts 27 c & d and set them aside for a later assembly in stage 30.

Connect the parts in 27.1,2 and 3 as indicated. The slots on parts 27a & b go to the front. Orient correctly. Attach the engine housing assembly to the frame. Watch all of the plug wires and brake lines to keep from binding and pinching. I had to squeeze the assembly to the frame to get the screws tight. Protect the chrome with your soft cloth. Step 27.5, I supported the assembly with an extra towel rolled up. The plug wires stayed put. Make the three connections, alternator and brake lines.Continue with 27.9 and 10. In these two steps, I didn’t feel comfortable compressing the shock with the brake disc and spindle assembly. I used the lower suspension arm and the top of the engine housing to install parts 27g and h.
Reattach the wheels and tires with the washer and screw that you put in the spindle earlier. Stage 27 is complete. I think the front end+ weights 4or 5 lbs by now. Stage 28 assembles the front engine panel and the radiator comes soon.

Stage 28.1

**** NOTE: The callout for the screw CM to attach the horn to the mount bracket should be an AP screw.

I pre-tapped all of the plastic parts for ease of connection There is a slot and stud to position the horn 28b to the mount bracket 28c.

Stage 28.2

The horn and bracket will position properly on the stop on the firewall.

Stage 28.3 & 4

I put the hose onto the tank prior to mounting the tank to the firewall. Again, I used a toothpick/cocktail stick to expand the tube to fit over the small post on the tank. Attach the tank to the firewall. Stage 28 is complete, stash the firewall for assembly later.
admin attached the following image(s):
25.1.JPG
25.2.JPG
25.3.JPG
26.1.JPG
26.2.JPG
26.3.JPG
26.4.JPG
26.5.JPG
26.6.JPG
26.7.JPG
26.8.JPG