Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Shelby Mustang Magazines Options
mwstratton
#1 Posted : 16 October 2020 19:56:36

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I have been building the Ford Shelby Mustang for about a year. Six months ago I requested customer service to send me copy of magazine issue 39 that was missing from my shipment.

I was resently told that they are no longer publishing the magazine and it could not be replaced. I have since recieved pack 22 which is missing Mag issues 83 and 84.

So I now have a set of magazines in binders, missing 3 issues, which makes the entire collection worthless.

How can the company contract with me over a year ago to supply a quality model WITH magazine collection, at a cost of over $1500 USD, and then NOT provide ALL of the magazine issues.

I was told that the missing issues could be downloaded and printed from the website. Firstly the download is just the build instructions, not the entire mag and second, the print quality from a computer is not up the the magazine standards.

I requested a call back from the 'home office' 4 days ago with no response.

where can I call to resolve this issue. I would hate for this to be the last Model Space product I buy.

Mark
Currently: Soliel Royal, Deag DC-3, DeAg Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500

Prior builds: Mayflower, USS Constitution, Academy 1/800 USS Kitty Hawk, Revell's 1/48 A 10 Warthog

Under the Bench:

On Hold: Revell's 1/48 P 61 Black Widow; AL L'Hermione La Fayette
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 16 October 2020 21:14:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I remember when things really “kicked off” all those years ago with the HMS Victory model.

The magazines with that kit and later the Sovereign of the Seas i thought were fantastic.

Really interesting articles and great supporting pictures.

I understand that with later productions of kit parts and new releases its as you have found - just the downloadable instructions.

My lambourgini was the same but luckily a previous builder was very kind in giving me their copies.

That might be an option if someone has built the kit and are happy to pass on their magazines.

Hope you manage to get your missing copies.

Tony

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach