Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

GT40. number lights Options
Eagle
#1 Posted : 14 September 2020 13:00:34

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I'd like to add side marker and rear body number illumination lights to this model build; Model Mods makes a nice little LED with a resistor already added but mounting it in the chrome housing would be a challenge, anyone else have any thoughts on this? the ideal solution would be to make a clear lens for the housing, but this is a very small work media.
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 14 September 2020 14:18:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Bear in mind the shell is fairly hefty die-cast metal.
Not an impossible project by any means but maybe awkward.
Post your progress...
GlynD
#3 Posted : 17 October 2020 20:26:57

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi I like your idea very much, the only ideas I can suggest would be a Pico LED chip apparently they are only 1mm.in size so that would be a start, or maybe fine fiber optic line. You seem to be lucky in that in your country I found a company called Evan Designs which seem to have an amazing selection of lighting and other products for modellers. Apologies if you already know about them. Please keep us posted if you go ahead.