Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
X-Wing Official Build Custom/Enhancements Options
delboy271155
#41 Posted : 03 October 2020 15:35:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

OMG - WOW

That tiny screen is absolutely awesome. What a find.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Wabie
#42 Posted : 03 October 2020 16:11:04

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

Hello Mark,

a very nice job. Love

I'm curious how it looks finished. Smile
A good solution. ThumpUp

greetings stefan
Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

MfG Stefan
Markwarren
#43 Posted : 04 October 2020 09:37:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

delboy271155 wrote:
OMG - WOW

That tiny screen is absolutely awesome. What a find.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Derek.

Didn’t know they made such thing’s until looking around on the internet. They are not cheap, but probably no more than other after market parts.Cool

It took a lot of fiddling to get it to fit, but well worth it.

Mark
Markwarren
#44 Posted : 04 October 2020 09:40:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wabie wrote:
Hello Mark,

a very nice job. Love

I'm curious how it looks finished. Smile
A good solution. ThumpUp

greetings stefan

Thanks Stefan

Well there’s no turning back nowCrying a lot of work to do but I hope it will look the part when finished.

Mark
corelki2005
#45 Posted : 04 October 2020 13:21:48

Groups: Registered

Is it possible for a link for the screen please
Markwarren
#46 Posted : 04 October 2020 14:27:46

corelki2005 wrote:
Is it possible for a link for the screen please

No problem, here you go

X-Wing screen link

Mark
Markwarren
#47 Posted : 12 October 2020 20:04:28

Just a quick update, parts sanded down, primed and the painted with base colour. Solved where all the lighting will be, which will be shown soon. Next, gloss varnish and decals placed.

More soon

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
photo 12-10-2020, 7 55 20 pm.jpg
photo 12-10-2020, 7 55 08 pm.jpg
clay
#48 Posted : 13 October 2020 15:01:37

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Oh how I loathe you Mark!!!

Beautiful!!! Now I gotta convince my wife to let me get that screen...if they are still available!!!

Looking forward to your next update!!!
Markwarren
#49 Posted : 23 October 2020 16:23:42

Thank you for looking in Clay.Cool

Just a little update. I have now added all the decals onto the cockpit panels. This was done over a three-day period and was not easy. All the lights had to match the hole in the etched brass and if it moved once it moved a dozen times, so only placed on a couple at a time to dry before proceeding with anymore. Once these were placed, I varnished it with satin varnish, left to dry before placing all the greeblies on. The whole thing was then dry brushed with a delicate silver, you can hardly see it, but gave the whole piece that metallic feel and highlighted certain areas.

The last picture shows a couple of bulbs placed on the underside to show and give some idea to the lighting effect.

Next, I will be colouring some of the lights with red, blue, and green on the inside. The lighting will be micro strip lighting with a very bright finish, some flashing smd’s as well as a few fiber optics before attaching the visual screen.

Still a lot of work to do.Cool

More soon.

Mark

IMG_8468.jpg
IMG_8469.jpg
IMG_8470.jpg
IMG_8467.jpg
clay
#50 Posted : 23 October 2020 16:32:04

Mark,

How did you wire the screen? Into the existing wiring???

This freakin looks amazing!!!

Clay
Markwarren
#51 Posted : 23 October 2020 17:32:23

Hi Clay

I haven’t wired the screen in just yet, the picture shown is just the light from LED’s coming through. I will show on the next update how it will be done, but the extra lighting inside and screen will be on a separate circuit. Adding these to the supplied circuit board might effect it or at worse blow it.

I’m looking forward to it all in place myself.

BTW, did you manage to persuade your lovely wife to get one?

Thanks
Mark
delboy271155
#52 Posted : 23 October 2020 17:39:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well I`m sure most of us have heard of ELO. (Electric Light Orchestra)

On the forum we now have our very own ELM. No not a tree, its Electric Light Mark.LOL LOL LOL

WTG that man, more amazing stuff. Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#53 Posted : 24 October 2020 08:37:59

Thanks Derek.LOL LOL LOL

I’ve also been called a lot of other things but let’s not go there.LOL LOL LOL

Anyway, that was just a teaser, Laugh it will be Blackpool illuminations when finishedLOL LOL LOL

Mark
Andreas
#54 Posted : 24 October 2020 17:37:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi Mark,
i'm almost back. Everything survived well. Go to rehabilitation now. My family brought me my laptop. I have to be up to date.BigGrin BigGrin

To have a look at your builts is always great! That's just awesome!BigGrin

best Andreas
Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#55 Posted : 25 October 2020 09:00:58

Thank you Andreas.BigGrin

Really please you are making great progress, just take it easy. At least you won’t get bored now you have a laptop.

Regards
Mark
clay
#56 Posted : 26 October 2020 11:33:59

No...I haven't ordered mine yet!

Most excellent job Mark Warren!!!
Markwarren
#57 Posted : 31 October 2020 22:07:22

Now the panels have had time to dry, I have used some micro crystal clear on the underside before painting individual windows with some colour. I decided not to go over the top with the colouring, less is more as they say.
I then placed the OLED screen inside and fixed it in position using some double-sided tape. This gives me the option of taking it out for servicing should I need to in the future.
When placing the screen in place, I noticed there was a 1mm over run on the underside when fixing the cockpit panel onto the base. I had to cut a ridge out and fill the underside with a piece of styrene giving me that 1mm recess for the screen. After that, I wired 4 strips of LED lighting on the top of the base for the lighting under the cockpit panels. These will be run on a 9v supply independently from the supplied lighting. The screen is also attached to the 9v supply with a buck convertor dropping the voltage to 5v.
I have also painted some detail on the back of the cockpit panels.
The supplied lighting for the cockpit is still used in the two side panels and the screen bulb will be placed in the rear of the cockpit supplying lighting to this area. This will be done next.

I have also done a video to show the screen working.

https://youtu.be/haxLW8aZQ4s

More soon
Mark

1 (1).jpg
1 (2).jpg
1 (3).jpg
1 (4).jpg
1 (5).jpg
1 (6).jpg
1 (7).jpg
1 (8).jpg
1 (9).jpg
1 (10).jpg
1 (11).jpg
1 (12).jpg
birdaj2
#58 Posted : 31 October 2020 23:42:29

That looks brilliant.

All that lighting adds so much to the model.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#59 Posted : 01 November 2020 16:12:56

WTG Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Who needs Blackpool Illuminations.

Just watch Mark`s X-Wing. Careful you don`t drain the national grid, it gets dark earlier these days.LOL Flapper LOL

Keep up the good work on the enhancements. I`m loving it.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Andreas
#60 Posted : 01 November 2020 17:00:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

I can only agree,BigGrin
I subscribed to Mark on YouTube a long time ago.
if someone wants to expand his skills, then this is the right channel to do that.
The cockpit is just awesome! excellent Job!BigGrin ThumpUp

Forum Support Team