Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Pressing the accelerator and brake pedal is not possible for me. Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 01 November 2020 15:40:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

I'm currently still in the Rheha treatment, but I can go home for the weekend. It's boring enough through the week, so let's go home.BigGrin

Today I took care of the GT 40 a bit. I already installed the delivery 8 a few weeks ago. That means the steering wheel and gearshift, as well as the entire cockpit is inside. Now my problem.
I cannot operate the brake or accelerator pedals with my hands. Steering wheel and gearshift is in the way. No chance from the passenger side either. So I rebuilt it. The accelerator pedal has line 01 with switch, the brake pedal line 02 with switch. I have now installed both switches into the dashboard. Right behind the gearshift. Now I just need to open the door and get directly to both switches.Both switches are also arranged as the pedal positions are. Brake left painted red, and accelerator right painted blue. So if you also have big hands, you should think about itBigGrin .

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 01 November 2020 15:53:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Andreas

That is a very neat neat idea with the replacement press buttons.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Andreas
#3 Posted : 01 November 2020 16:48:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Thanks Tony!
Unfortunately I have no other idea. My hands are too big. And I don't want to poke around on the pedals with a stick or something like that.
With Pack 9, in addition to the circuit board, cables and the loudspeaker, the roll bar comes, so it gets even tighter when the roll bar is installed.
Forum Support Team
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 01 November 2020 18:14:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A very clever mod.
I'm sure there will be quite a few people who have hands too big to operate the pedals properly.BigGrin
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 01 November 2020 18:14:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That’s a very neat idea Andreas. Looking very nice.Love Love

Mark
GlynD
#6 Posted : 02 November 2020 12:25:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nicely done Andreas 👌🏻
Eagle
#7 Posted : 03 November 2020 13:45:32

Red Medal: Red Medal

Good thinking on your part for those working features: do you plan to add a plug in power supply? I usually don't leave the batteries in for fear of corrosion to the battery box.
Andreas
#8 Posted : 03 November 2020 16:03:07

When i look at the battery compartment it will be button cells. Unfavorable for my purposes.I will build own power supply.
Forum Support Team