Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Question about these models Options
robsnsx
#1 Posted : 06 November 2020 19:40:01

Groups: Registered

Hi All
I am an experienced modeler but new to DeAgostini models. I am curious if I buy a full kit model, if it will be challenging or easy. For example, how many parts in something like the Senna F1 model? How do they compare in complexity to a Pocher 1/8 scale model? My concern is spending a lot of money on one and then I finish it in two weeks. Can someone provide some perspective on this? Thanks so much.

Rob
Gandale
#2 Posted : 06 November 2020 20:01:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum Rob, great to have you with us. My advice would be for you to read through the Official Build diaries for DeAg products, that way you'll be able to make you're own assessment as to whether builds will be challenging enough for you. The Official build diaries are built as per the instructions with no modifications. Hope this helps...

Regards

Alan
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 06 November 2020 22:20:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

robsnsx wrote:
Hi All
I am an experienced modeler but new to DeAgostini models. I am curious if I buy a full kit model, if it will be challenging or easy. For example, how many parts in something like the Senna F1 model? How do they compare in complexity to a Pocher 1/8 scale model? My concern is spending a lot of money on one and then I finish it in two weeks. Can someone provide some perspective on this? Thanks so much.

Rob

Hey Rob,
I have built deagostini and Pocher 1/8 kits. There are a bit different.The deagostini kits are easier to build IMO because they fit well and the instructions are very good.I would say the part count is lower than the classic Pocher kits, but similar to the newer Pocher kits like the Aventador. I have seen experienced builders add detail to the deagostini kit and they have turned into major projects with months of build time.

I think the end results speak for themselves.As far as how long it takes to build that is touch to answer because it depends on how quickly you build and if you add details.As Alan said I would suggest perusing the boards and looking at some build there so you can see exactly what is involved in the build.

Carl

roymattblack
#4 Posted : 06 November 2020 22:26:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Hello Rob.

It all depends on whether you want to add extra details to the kit and go potty - as I have done with the E Type, Porsche, Mustang and Beetle - or just build it 'OOB'.
Have a peep at my E Type build to get an idea of what you can do if you're daft enough.
The kits really are good. You won't be disappointed...

My E Type:

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=24782

Roy.