Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

HMS Surprize Missing Parts Options
Bob Adamson
#1 Posted : 22 October 2020 13:04:40

Groups: Registered

Dear All

I am missing parts from Pre Cut Sheet 1 (Sheet No 22910-5), its parts 60 and 303, I was sent 22910-5A and B which were only the pre cuts for the lower deck Part Nos 31 and 32. Has anyone lese had this problem and can you tell me where Parts 60 and 303 are located.

Thanks
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 22 October 2020 18:05:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Bob Adamson wrote:
Dear All

I am missing parts from Pre Cut Sheet 1 (Sheet No 22910-5), its parts 60 and 303, I was sent 22910-5A and B which were only the pre cuts for the lower deck Part Nos 31 and 32. Has anyone lese had this problem and can you tell me where Parts 60 and 303 are located.

Thanks

Hi Bob, BigGrin

Firstly welcome to the forum.Cool

Part number 60 has x2 parts (Mirror image of each other) and can be found in the instruction download number 10.

Part 303 is the same as above, but can be found in instruction download number 19.

Hope this helps

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Bob Adamson
#3 Posted : 22 October 2020 21:15:42

Derek

Thanks for the reply, I think you may have picked me up wrongly, I don't have the physical parts, the pre-cut sheet I was sent which should include these parts was split into two part 5A and 5B and only included the pre-cuts for the lower decks, parts 60 and 303 which should have been included are not there, clearly DeAgostini have changed their manufacturing of this pre-cut sheet and missed these parts out.
Model Space were unaware of this when I asked them to send me out the parts and asked me to post this question on the forum as they did not have an answer, they are now chasing DeAgostini for the answer, I was hoping someone else has had a similar problem and could tell me how they fixed it.
Sorry if I didn't make my question clear enough, but thanks for the reply.

Kind Regards

Bob
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 22 October 2020 22:15:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Bob Adamson wrote:
Derek

Thanks for the reply, I think you may have picked me up wrongly, I don't have the physical parts, the pre-cut sheet I was sent which should include these parts was split into two part 5A and 5B and only included the pre-cuts for the lower decks, parts 60 and 303 which should have been included are not there, clearly DeAgostini have changed their manufacturing of this pre-cut sheet and missed these parts out.
Model Space were unaware of this when I asked them to send me out the parts and asked me to post this question on the forum as they did not have an answer, they are now chasing DeAgostini for the answer, I was hoping someone else has had a similar problem and could tell me how they fixed it.
Sorry if I didn't make my question clear enough, but thanks for the reply.

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

If I may ask Blink did you buy your kit as a full kit or as a subscription. The reason I ask is that I bought the HMS Surprise on a 28 month subscription and downloaded the instruction pdf`s for each of the 28 packs (Some long time ago).If you purchased yours (I guess recently) and as a full kit, then the format may be different. Hence we are going to be at crossed purposes, looking at two different set-ups.

Note: Just looked at the cut-sheet download and see better now what you are saying. I`ve attached a pic of the cut-sheet for you if it helps

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
Parts 60-303.jpg

Gandale
#5 Posted : 22 October 2020 22:37:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Bob, think the easiest solution to enable us to assist is for you to take a pic of the PDF page of the parts you are referring to and post them up on this thread. That way we can be sure we are all talking about the same thing.... If you're not sure how to upload pics then these links may help....

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=244

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=33808

Regards

Alan
Bob Adamson
#6 Posted : 23 October 2020 10:20:01

Derek

Thanks for sharing the image of the cut sheet diagram contained in the Model Space Web Site Instructions for Assembly. You can clearly see parts 60 and 30, I did not get this I got for pre-cuts for the main lower deck and it didn't include the parts above. Model Space did not know that DeAgostini had changed this and don't have up to date instructions from them on this so the web site is out of date.

Hence why I am waiting for Model Space to get back to me on this.

Kind Regards

Bob
Bob Adamson
#7 Posted : 23 October 2020 10:24:14

Derek
Thanks for the reply, your attachment is what I would have expected, however I did not receive this cut sheet, I got two separate cut sheets as per attached photos with parts 60 and 303 missed out.
Model Space did not know that DeAgostini had changed this and asked me to post on the forum re this.
I am waiting for Model Space to get back to me on this, they are chasing DeAgostini.
Hope the photos assist.
Kind Regards
Bob
File Attachment(s):
Hull and lower deck.JPG (2,762kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
22910-5A&B.JPG (2,237kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
22910-5A, No Additional Parts.JPG (2,548kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
admin
#8 Posted : 23 October 2020 15:00:30

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Bob, if you run into a wall on this, shoot me a PM. It sounds like you’re on the right track though.
Bob Adamson
#9 Posted : 23 October 2020 17:24:22

Mark
It's really down to Model Space to sort this with DeAgostini, lets see what happens
Kind Regards

Bob
admin
#10 Posted : 24 October 2020 05:46:33

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Bob Adamson wrote:
Mark
It's really down to Model Space to sort this with DeAgostini, lets see what happens
Kind Regards

Bob

Part of my job description is to assist with CS issues that aren’t being handled in the ideal manner.

Shoot me a PM. I can get you sorted. Or, get the ball rolling on it being escalated.
Bob Adamson
#11 Posted : 31 October 2020 23:08:48

Mark

Tried to send you a PM as requested, however the system is telling me that your mail box is full, can you clear some space please, so I can PM you please.

Thanks

Bob

PS I asked in this PM if there is a manager at Model Space that I can talk to on this, I want to get this moving.
admin
#12 Posted : 31 October 2020 23:41:58

Oops! I’m loved, what can I say? Space cleared.
Bob Adamson
#13 Posted : 21 November 2020 22:18:55

Mark/Admin

Still waiting for news of the missing parts, Model Space CS has no news on them at all and no idea if DeAgostini have the parts at all. Please let me know what I do next to push this forward.

Thanks

Bob
delboy271155
#14 Posted : 22 November 2020 16:40:13

Hi Bob, BigGrin

I think I have a solution to your missing parts problem.Blink Blink

I have the Surprise still unbuilt, so I have this offer to you.

I have removed the parts you are missing from my frets and using scrap from those same frets have marked out the parts you require.

Now, I have drawn with a very sharp pencil around the actual parts you need so they will be fractionally larger than the originals. So, you will need to sand the lines away after you cut them out. I will include the fret parts that held what you want so you can be sure the parts are the correct shape/size.

Having looked at the assembly pdf`s for these parts, they need sanding/shaping when assembled anyway.

I have attached a picture below to show what I`ve done.

All you need to do is send me your address in a Private Message and I`ll get them in the post tomorrow.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
20201122_152247.jpg

Bob Adamson
#15 Posted : 22 November 2020 17:14:16

Delboy

Thanks I have sent you a PM, strangely I could not open the attachment you sent.

Kind Regards

Bob
Bob Adamson
#16 Posted : 22 November 2020 17:30:19

Delboy

Thanks the image has now opened, but strangely your parts seem to be different to that shown on the pre-cut sheets No 22910-5 that I downloaded from the Model Space web-site and indeed the parts I received (Clearly missing parts 60 and 303).

Not sure why the differences but I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Bob
delboy271155
#17 Posted : 22 November 2020 17:51:23

Bob Adamson wrote:
Delboy

Thanks the image has now opened, but strangely your parts seem to be different to that shown on the pre-cut sheets No 22910-5 that I downloaded from the Model Space web-site and indeed the parts I received (Clearly missing parts 60 and 303).

Not sure why the differences but I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob, BigGrin

I think the visual difference may be due to me drawing them from the reverse side, but that won`t cause an issue.

My cut-sheet also came as two parts (I think done to reduce pack size). In each there was a deck panel and one each of the parts discussed.

Have replied to your PM and will post parts asap (in the morning)

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)