Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What you can do with Fiber optic Options
Wabie
#1 Posted : 22 November 2020 13:24:44

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

Hello everyone

what you can do with fiber optics.

Here's the example of my Stargate Atlantis Gate.
Since I wanted to have uniform illumination in the smallest space, I had to resort to fiber optics.

Here's a picture of the finished gate.

In the beginning it was again about how to achieve optimal illumination of light points in the smallest space. Actually only fiber optic remained.
So I started to design the gate again in 3D and do research about the Chevrons in the gate, is supposed to be like in real.

here the first print, with the first fiber optic test, works,

and after that I have drilled the more than 450 holes into the fields,

next it was about bringing light into the dark, I decided to fire the whole gate with 4 LEDs a 5mm Ultrahell, which I then put into a brass tube, which I glued into the gate inside.
As seen here in the picture, on the other hand the fiber optics are inserted and fixed at the end with white glue, before I primed the gate from both sides black, this is done to make the component light impermeable,

in between I took care of the Chevron locking of the gate, which is illuminated with a small SMD 0805,

tested again to see if this would work with the photo and not shine through it,

here with about half of the Chevrons a test,

sometimes the gate from behind, here you can see the fiber optik in the gate,Scared

here you can see on the left side in the picture how the Fiber Optics stand out,
when the white glue has dried, I can cut it off flush,

here the fiber optics are completely glued in and in function, during the test I noticed that the LEDs are a bit too bright,Cool

here times dimmed, you must also always see how bright the fiber should shine, if it is too bright, then overlay them and it no longer looks good. That is what you should always pay attention to. For dimming I always use small secondary dimmers (behind the power supply, right in front of the LEDs i want to dim). The advantage, these dimmers also have different flashing modes, which can also be set in speed.

Here's a link,

https://www.ebay.de/itm/...b768:g:dsMAAOSw~~RfreGg

here the finished gate completely from several sides,

and from behind,

That was my Stargate Atlantis Gate. I hope I have brought some light into the dark Wink

If you have any questions, just ask Smile

I wish you a happy Sunday and stay healthy!

Greeting Stefan
Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

MfG Stefan
Gandale
#2 Posted : 23 November 2020 00:37:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Another great contribution Stefan, thanks for posting....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan