Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Battery type Options
semaj
#1 Posted : 18 November 2020 18:06:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all, just completed pack 9 where we add the battery box and make q start adding wires etc. Does anyone have any idea what the battery is we put in this thing? I've not seen a box that small before. I presume it might be button cells, if so which type and how many are required? There are many types and sizes that come up when searching
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Andreas
#2 Posted : 19 November 2020 17:10:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Information about which batteries / button cells
are required for the GT 40 follows ASAP. A request to Italy is out, they are taken care of
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Andreas
#3 Posted : 24 November 2020 15:17:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Following Info from Degostini Italy.
The Ford GT 40 needs 3 Button cell batteries LR 44
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
admin
#4 Posted : 25 November 2020 06:11:57

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I suspect they’d have let us know, eventually. I’d recommend NOT trying to test anything just yet, though. Wait until they tell you it’s safe.

Mark
semaj
#5 Posted : 28 November 2020 17:57:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

admin wrote:
I suspect they’d have let us know, eventually. I’d recommend NOT trying to test anything just yet, though. Wait until they tell you it’s safe.

Mark

Oh of course, I just wanted to try and get this subject out of the way after the farce that was r2d2. Official battery info for that model was extremely limited and an unusual type of battery too, this model also looks to be an unusual type (although more commonly available). I cant imagine button cell batteries lasting very long at all, makes no sense when they could have incorporated AA or AAA somewhere.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'