Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Joe Bergman Packs 5 Thru 8 Custom Build Stages 16 thru 30 Options
bojazz
#1 Posted : 05 December 2020 22:06:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Good day all. It has been a while since I posted a parts build, but as we know Covid-19 has disrupted the supply chain.

I want to do the whole Drivers Compartment and explain the process.

Stage 16 and 17: supplied black Central and Right Rear Floor Panels looked too fake. To give it some texture and for future weathering (which be further into the build), I decided to paint these parts in flat black spray paint. This gave an even coat and texture on the surface.

Stage 17: The connection plate was added to the Right Rear Floor Panel and then I used Tamiya Black Panel Liner for the bolts to give the silver plate definition.

Stage 18: Right Rear Floor Panels again looked too fake. I decided to paint this part in flat black spray paint. This gave an even coat and texture on the surface. The connection plate was added to the Left Rear Floor Panel and then I used Tamiya Black Panel Liner for the bolts to give the silver plate definition.

Stage 19: The Fuel Lines (19E and F) Panel Covers (19C and D) were given a panel wash in the recesses using the Tamiya Black Panel Liner. As you can see the Panel Bolt Cover bolt pattern has some texture and the Fuel Lines has a shadowing in the recess.

The Fire Extinguisher received a drop of the Tamiya Black Panel Liner in the lens area and the gold recesses.

Stage 20 and 21: The Interior Partition, again looked fake. To give it some texture and for future weathering (which will be further into the build), I decided to paint these parts in flat black spray paint. This gave an even coat and texture on the surface. Also after the paint dried. I painted the circuit boxes in flat aluminum and used the Tamiya Black Panel Liner to give it depth. Parts 21F and 21G (you will see in a later photo with the fuel pumps) was mounted and received the Black Panel Liner treatment.

Stage 22: Part 22F and 22G were mounted and give a wash of Tamiya Dark Brown Panel Liner (this was the browning of fuel and oil)
Remember those seats we have built and added the Tamiya Dark Brown Panel Line in the rivet heads? Now you will see the progress and definition.

Stage 23: The Interior Partition again looked fake. For some texture and for future weathering (which be further into the build), I also painted this part in flat black spray paint. This gave an even coat and texture on the surface. With the paint dry add the Fuel Pumps and Tubes (Parts 23B, 23C, 23D). After the interior wall was installed. I added Tamiya Dark Brown Panel Liner to the recesses. No you can see what the combination of Stage 18 and Stage 23.

Stage 24: The Instrument Panel was left in its original color (for contrasting purposes). The Dial Rims were painted in a Tamiya Semi Gloss Black (X-18). You can see the difference in the two black colors. The Toggle Switches were left in the gold color, but Tamiya Black Panel Liner was added to the recesses.

Stage 27: Parts 27A and 27B were treated with The Tamiya Black Panel Liner. The fuses were treated for the recess and the LOWER vent areas were only treated.

Stage 28: Tamiya Black Panel Liner was use in the Brake and Clutch Pedals in Part 28A.

With all the parts added and painted this is what the Driver's Compartment will look like.

This was a great build of packs 5 through 8.

bojazz attached the following image(s):
Stage 17.jpg
Stage 18.jpg
Stage 19a.jpg
Stage 19b.jpg
Stage 21a.jpg
Stage 22a.jpg
Stage 22b.jpg
Stage 23.jpg
Stage 24.jpg
Stage 27.jpg
Stage 28.jpg
00.jpg
00A.jpg
Eagle
#2 Posted : 06 December 2020 15:49:10

Red Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for the update Joe; looking very good. Wish someone would make a proper 3D fuel pump replacement for this model.
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 06 December 2020 18:12:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A nice update. Keep it coming...BigGrin
Kev the Modeller
#4 Posted : 06 December 2020 22:01:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice work Joe, looking good so far and what a beautiful car the GT40 is, be it full scale or model?!

Looking forward to seeing more of this build, well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra