Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Model Ship Build Slip/Jig and Build Stand info Options
jase
#21 Posted : 15 August 2016 19:44:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

magpie1832 wrote:
Gandale wrote:
A very nice keel clamp here, this one allows the model to be swivelled to any angle you wish, making it easier to work on your kit.

Amati Keel Clamp

Available here:

http://www.cornwallmodel...catalog/amati_7382.html

Regards

Alan

Jase wrote:

This is a great topic,

I have to say I cannot speak highly enough of this product.

its multi positional and comes with clamps for your work desk. its a great hands free for planking a hulls or decks and even structural building. the two clamps can actually be used as individual mini Vices. it will also hold masts and spars when building these up.

its one of the best Ship building tools i have ever purchased.

http://www.cornwallmodel...catalog/amati_7382.html

Jase

Already been done Jase. :D

Yes i am aware of that just adding my thoughts to that particular one over the other two on this thread that i also have 😁
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
kpnuts
#22 Posted : 24 September 2019 20:46:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thanks everyone for all the input, I really appreciate all the effort, I can see this getting very involved hope I'm upto it, I know Jim my brother struggled (to be honest when he bought it I thought it would stretch me and jim never built anything like this before)
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
admin
#23 Posted : 26 September 2019 15:25:01

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

James Hatch, over on Model Ship World, published a build article on the HobbyZone building slip. Building it isn’t without its own pitfalls, as James mentions. But, the verdict is that it is an outstanding product.
Gandale
#24 Posted : 05 January 2021 23:08:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

The Universal Swinging Stand 200

This build stand has been designed primarily to be used on 1:200 scale model ship kits including the largest one, the Yamato. However; it is also possible for it to be used with large 1:350 ships such as battleships and carriers. The main Hull Holder Arms can be adjusted to cover hull widths of between 60 and 190mm and the ends of the arms can be further extended in height by up to 4 x 10mm increments.

The stand also includes 2 sets of Bottom Hull supports of different heights, each support can be raised and fixed in one of 5 positions, the supports raise in 5mm increments. The Bottom Hull Supports and Hull Holder Arms have high quality rubbers attached to protect the hull where they make contact. These are easily replaced when required.

The main supports are connected together with 2 base connectors and 4 connector ends. The instructions for assembly are clear and easy to follow and once assembled leaves you with a very secure platform that is fully adjustable, for you to work on your build.

The main frames are easily adjusted to allow you to set the best angle for you to work and once set is very secure. Any angle can be set up to a maximum of 50 degrees.

There are 3 different versions available, the one I have is the Trio 30.

1. Universal Swinging Stand 200 Duo 35
Two Hull Holders with Base Connectors for 35 cm Hull Holders distance.
Price: 59 EURO (DOES NOT INCLUDE! shipping costs)

2. Universal Swinging Stand 200 Trio 30
Three Hull Holders with Base Connectors for 30 cm Hull Holders distance.
Price: 89 EURO (DOES NOT INCLUDE! shipping costs)

3. Universal Swinging Stand 200 Trio Plus
The same as Trio 30 but includes two Base Connectors for 35 cm, which allows you also to build Duo Hull Holders distance.
Price: 100 EURO (DOES NOT INCLUDE! shipping costs)

All in all, a very nice piece of kit and one that is certainly making my Bismarck build a lot easier to handle and a kit I fully recommend to any ship builder.

Further details and how to order can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com...oups/andrew3dmodelspace

If you wish to order then would suggest you message Andrew with your requirements and shipping costs etc...

Regards

Alan
Gandale attached the following image(s):
DSCF0038.JPG
DSCF0040.JPG
DSCF0071.JPG
DSCF0069.JPG
DSCF0070.JPG
DSCF0068.JPG
DSCF0041.JPG
DSCF0042.JPG
DSCF0045.JPG