Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Issue 99 Fitting Spare Tire Into Recess Options
slimguy
#1 Posted : 05 January 2021 22:47:10

Groups: Registered

I am struggling with Issue 99 Step 29, which is fitting the spare tire and wheel into the recess. I have worked at this for a number of minutes, trying numerous angles and some slight force but I have been entirely unsuccessful in getting the spare fully into the recess. It really looks to me like the tire is about 15 percent too large for the opening. Is there some method to get this to sit down into the recess? Perhaps I need to reheat the tire to soften it so that it is more pliable? Could I have gotten the wrong size tire to begin with? Yes, It is truely the spare as was indicated in the issue numbers and I was careful to segregate the spare from the other four wheels and tires. Perhaps others have had a similar struggle with getting this to fit inside the recess. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 05 January 2021 23:05:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It is a tight fit but with a good deal of 'wiggling' it will go in.
BigGrin
slimguy
#3 Posted : 05 January 2021 23:19:47

Groups: Registered

Thanks Roy for the reply...I will keep trying, and wiggling...