Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Viewable images Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 09 January 2021 20:37:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi guys
This is aimed at at those of you who are able to produce build diaries with images that load properly every time. I don't suppose, in the adsence of a new forum, you could show the tech-less amongst us (basically - ME), how you actually do it? PLEASE? Most of the diaries i try to follow, i have to re-load numerous times to get all the images to be actually viewable. I know we've all been bemoaning this issue from, well as far back as i can remember and i have been a member of this forum since 2010!!!

Can someone please enlighten me? If only for future builds.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully, showing me how to improve my build diaries ThumpUp

Regards Gray
z8000783
#2 Posted : 09 January 2021 20:43:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Hi Gray

I use my own web space and link to a picture.

I use photoshop to crop and size the images to 670 px wide and then upload them to my web space using filezilla. All ISPs used to provide this in the old days by I understand they have move to the cloud now and using the web will cost you extra.

It might be worth checking it out with your provider. You might find you had some all time after all.

CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 09 January 2021 20:51:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for the quick reply, John. Maybe the Forum should start a new section, a bit like the electronics section, where people could showcase how they do it Wink

Just my thoughts
Mustang
#4 Posted : 10 January 2021 13:19:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gray.

I use Flickr Pro

You have to pay for the service each year but it gives you Unlimited photo storage, Ad-free browsing,
Worry-free uploads with the Flickr Auto-Uploadr.

Simple to use as you can set it up to automatically adjust the size of your photos as you copy the links.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -
Current Build - Below Decks - https://forum.model-spac...sts&m=339187#339187 -

Coming Soon -

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.