Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

SteveDennis Options
SteveDennis
#1 Posted : 15 January 2021 18:54:27

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have just put together the two test circuit boards and connected them to the lightsaber ejection mechanism and pressing either test button has no effect on the mechanism the motor does not run in either direction, in the pictures describing the connections and operation they show no LED’s illuminated but on the smaller test board there is a red LED illuminated by the supply socket for the battery connection and there are two blue LEDS illuminated although these are blinking at random times. If I connect the right leg to the test boards the sensors are working correctly as described including the blue LED coming on and going off as described but the RED LED is also still illuminated which is not shown in the pictures. Any assistance you can give me with this matter would be gratefully accepted thank you.
S4Simon
#2 Posted : 16 January 2021 00:22:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Here’s a quick video I made during assembly. Shows the lights you mentioned ,but my blue leds are solid - no flashing. I would say a wiring issue. Check the connection points on the Sabre tube.

Light Sabre test
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
SteveDennis
#3 Posted : 17 January 2021 17:53:46

Hi S4Simon thanks for the help I checked my connections and they were ok, so I decided to check each part separately and found that the motor was jammed once I got it rotating everything now works.
S4Simon
#4 Posted : 18 January 2021 03:01:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

:-)
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2