Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

In box review of the new Takom Bruno turret Options
admin
#1 Posted : 18 January 2021 23:30:36

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,

I am running a couple days past when I said I would have this up, but here you go!

This massive kit is the new release from Takom. It is the 1/72 Bismark Bruno Turret. it looks like it will build up into a fantastic companion piece for any Bismark build.

the kit is comprised of 10 sprues, all of which are bagged individually. The molding is flawless, with no flash to be seen. The kit also contains a small fret of PE, for detail bits, and grating. If the two turret parts are any indication of over-all fit, this will need no filler. (see the pic of the turret underside)

The blast bags are rigid plastic, so there isn't an option for positionable elevation on the guns. Additionally, the firefighting hose reels have been molded with the canvas cover in place, so there is a bit more detail that could have been included.

Unlike the deck section for the Yamato, which is a hefty square footprint, Takom has made the Bruno base a circular footprint. the "under base" has a Roman Ogee profile, and it is all molded as one piece. (this would look outstanding, if done up in Mahogany, or Teak)

The decking is nicely replicated. I have been in touch with John DiTomasso of Scale Decks, and he is planning on doing his printed decks for both the Bismark, and the Yamato. Alan (Gandale) can vouch for how outstanding the Scale Decks products are.

Anyway, the PICS!!!
admin attached the following image(s):
box.jpg
base 1.jpg
base 2.jpg
sprue 4.jpg
parts all.jpg
sprue 1.jpg
sprue 2.jpg
sprue 3.jpg
turret.jpg
turret front.jpg
turret bottom.jpg
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 18 January 2021 23:43:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That is a hefty size turret.

Looks like something that could be made into a very nice display piece.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#3 Posted : 18 January 2021 23:54:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now that looks like a stunning kit and agree it would be a great display piece next to the Bismarck. Due to its sheer size then it would have to sit next to the 1/200 Bissy, it would dwarf any smaller Bismarck kit. Will have to give some serious thought to this, all depending on how my Bismarck build turns out....Drool Drool

Am also thinking, with the size of this then you could possibly scratch build replacement blast bags from a spare sail or sail canvas.... that would allow easier positioning of the barrels.... just a thought to ponder over.....

As for Scaledecks products... Although I have the Pontos wooden decks I have to admit they're not as good looking or detailed as the Scaledecks version. Will take some pics of the Bismarck scaledecks version and post them up on my build diary.. will also post some comparison shots so you can clearly see the difference between the two.. Pontos decks will stay in the box.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
mogwai
#4 Posted : 19 January 2021 11:48:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi looks a nice kit think I'll get one to go with my Bismarck, cheers mick. BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
Kev the Modeller
#5 Posted : 20 January 2021 12:54:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looks a very interesting model Mark and something that is quite different from the norm, should look great when built and quite an impressive size too by the look of it! Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
tigerace
#6 Posted : 20 January 2021 14:01:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great may get one to go with my BismarckCool

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!