Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Comprehensive List Of Aftermarket Custom Upgrade Parts Options
Senna64
#1 Posted : 25 January 2021 21:21:25

Groups: Registered

Hi - Newbie here.

Can I just say, how talented and helpful the folk are on here, glad I stumbled upon it!!

Well done to all for offering this community.

Before embarking on building this amazing kit, I was wondering is there anyone who has a comprehensive list of all the custom upgrade after market parts for this model? i have read through a lot of build diaries, and see there are lots of items, ranging from decals, metal valve stems etc, etc. I just think, not only for me, but it would be a great resource to have all these items in one place?

To start with, I can provide a new line from Thunder Valley, Precision parts for MP4/4 1/8th (Rims & Brake Components), thus:

https://www.thundervalle...mp4-4/mclaren-m4-4.html

Thanks, Roy
admin
#2 Posted : 26 January 2021 09:15:46

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Roy!

Welcome in!

Your post raised an interesting idea. Let me float it out to the rest of the Team, and you might see something new!

I’ve built the MP4/4. It’s residing in the US DeAgostini directors office. You are gonna love it. It’s detail is a fair bit better than the /23. Thunder Valley has some great stuff.

Stay well,

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#3 Posted : 29 January 2021 11:23:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Back in 2011, when posting under my original username of 'Sennamentalme' (don't ask why it changed) I started something called 'The Cyber Garage', which I envisaged as a place where members could offer up links to aftermarket sites for car modellers and which I then added to an index/list in post #2 of that topic where they were all in one place for easier direct access? There may or may not be some useful links in that list for those that are building the DeAgostini McLaren MP4/4?

The link is here: https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=3108

Some of the links in that database may no longer exist or be valid as it was originally posted 9 years ago. Hope that helps?

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Senna64
#4 Posted : 30 January 2021 16:26:51

@ mark adams -

Thanks, and yes be nice if you can help. Looking through the members build diaries, there does seem to be a lot of stuff available, just needs to be in one place, for newbies like me. I mean I would hate to build it, then find out some after market stuff could have been added....thnks for considering anyhows for now.

After reading almost everything in this F1 MP4/4 Forum, can't believe the skill of some of you folk and the willingness to share hints and tips - I commend you all.

Roy
roymattblack
#5 Posted : 30 January 2021 17:20:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

There are various upgrade parts for quite a few of the DeAgostini car kits - no doubt other kits too.

An area on the forum where such upgrades could be shown would be a great idea.