Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Headlights Options
semaj
#1 Posted : 10 February 2021 19:34:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

A long way off I know but I'm curious if anyone knows what colour the leds will be for the headlights on this model. I really hope they're not the blueish colour as we have seen on other models as this is highly inaccurate and I think it looks rubbish on a 1969s car. They need to have a much warmer yellow ish tone to mimic the halogen bulbs rather would have been fitted.

When they do come and I find I am unhappy with the colour, is it an easy job to replace the leds? How might I need to go about changing them?
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 10 February 2021 20:12:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Question:

"If it is a long way off" why do you feel the compulsion to start raising issues/questions about something you know nothing about at this time.

At least wait until the parts arrive and then if an upgrade is needed, then people should be able to give support and assistance to correct it.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

semaj
#3 Posted : 10 February 2021 20:42:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sorry for trying to create a bit of discussion and wanting to maybe learn a few things.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 10 February 2021 20:46:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

semaj wrote:
Sorry for trying to create a bit of discussion and wanting to maybe learn a few things.

Discussion and learning is not the issue here.

You are trying to cause an issue that by your own admission doesn`t even exist at this time and I see nothing constructive in that course of action.

My personnel thoughts.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

semaj
#5 Posted : 10 February 2021 21:22:13

What makes you say that exactly? I was simply asking a question based on other de agostini and model space products that had incorrect led colours too. I'll eat my hat if they happen to be perfect on this kit. And wanting to know how I might go about correcting if if needs be. I'm not causing an issue what so ever I was asking a perfectly simple and legitimate question. Are we not allowed to do that here?
Building:
Complete:
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 10 February 2021 22:26:37

When you have the actual parts and they are not up to the standard you think they should be, then by all means raise an issue.

You can`t raise an issue when you have no idea if it will even exist.

When you have the parts I am more than willing to listen, until then conversation closed as far as I`m concerned.

Good Night

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

semaj
#7 Posted : 11 February 2021 00:47:06

No need to be so rude about it
Building:
Complete: