Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

brass rings Options
jcummings
#1 Posted : 16 February 2021 20:42:22

Groups: New Members

I am heading into the rigging section or what is called stage 12. I noticed a bag of about 40-50 brass rings and cannot find them anywhere in the build diary. My assumption is they are for the sails to mount on the spars. Anyone else come across this?

jcummings attached the following image(s):
IMG_4785[1] (640x480).jpg
Gandale
#2 Posted : 16 February 2021 20:56:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

If you are referring to the 3mm rings then I think you'll find the answer in post #2 of this link...

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=28151

They fit on the inside of the gun port lids.....

Hope this helps..

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 16 February 2021 21:00:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi m8 I had the same rings in my build . They look to be placed in by mistake as there doesn't seem to be any use for them. The sails are sown onto the yards. Hope this helps
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
jcummings
#4 Posted : 16 February 2021 21:02:27

Thanks for this.. I actually received the 3mm rings for the gun port lids and then also received a bag of brass rings that are 6 or 7 mm in diameter. I got the large rings for the anchors which was a small bag of 4 pieces but these mid size rings bag has about 50 pieces. I know during the build there were different pieces missing which were replaced by MS but I am wondering if these rings are thrown in by mistake or just not in the plans.
jcummings
#5 Posted : 16 February 2021 21:06:15

Thanks Martyn. I was planning to actually use antique bronze plated rings instead of thread so I am thinking you may be correct about being in the kit by mistake. Time will tell if the plans get changed in the future.