Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Expertens 1/12 Bugatti T35 Options
experten
#1 Posted : 22 February 2021 04:35:07

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

With the 2 fantastic Bugatti builds going on, I thought I'd post a few of my own build, the MFH 1/12 Bugatti T35 Targa Florio.

I have substantially altered the body by dropping the profile down by about 7mm, on both the top, and bottom. The profile OOB is a bit (LOT) too flat, and it was driving me nuts. So, out came the razor saw... I have also added new louvers that I CAD designed, and then printed, as the kit ones did not survive my hacking and sawing.

The last photo is another CAD effort, for the magneto leads, where they go through the dash/panel.
experten attached the following image(s):
bug 5.jpg
bug 6.jpg
bug 7.jpg
bug 1.jpg
bug 2.jpg
bug 4.jpg
bug 3.jpg
bug 8.jpg
bug 9.jpg
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
RM1
#2 Posted : 22 February 2021 11:05:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That's looking good. Some interesting mod's your doing there.
Malc.
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 22 February 2021 15:26:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Excellent. Another MFH build. Looks great so far Mark.

Carl

CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 22 February 2021 17:17:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Sweet build. These MFH kits are out of most peoples price range, but then you are paying for the quality. These old cars do look well tho ThumpUp
Kev the Modeller
#5 Posted : 22 February 2021 22:40:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Excellent work so far Mark, I was hoping I might get to see some of this and it was worth the wait! Drool ThumpUp

Will be following with interest and looking forward to the next update.

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Gandale
#6 Posted : 24 February 2021 00:43:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking very impressive Mark, always gives me pleasure to watch a skilled modeller's creations.... Look forward to seeing this one progress.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
roymattblack
#7 Posted : 24 February 2021 11:50:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Absolutely great. Some brilliant mods on this - and I love the colour...Love
Markwarren
#8 Posted : 24 February 2021 16:55:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Mark, I think I’ll have to invest in one of these kits.

Mark
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 25 February 2021 00:53:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

This is taking an already good kit to another level.

WTG Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

experten
#10 Posted : 25 February 2021 02:10:45

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Thanks guys! These kits are great at challenging the heck out of your skills. I’m plating with various techniques for finishing the metal to show different shades of “08” silver. (Kev, Carl, and Malcolm will know of what I speak)

The motor only has black, and brass paint on it. The copper is a wax, and everything else is polished, scuffed, or sandblasted.

I went with that orange-yellow under the premise that in 1938 automotive paints weren’t as refined as they are now, so it wouldn’t be that Cadmium yellow we see now. It should look pretty nice, once I get it all weathered, and the wheels on it. I’m going after a dusty, mud spattered look.

I’m down to the nitty-gritty details now, but haven’t been working on it much lately. You-all are keeping me hopping!

This is going to be my fathers 84th birthday present. He had the opportunity to buy a real T35 in the late ‘50s for $750, but passed due to the parts availability concerns. (That works out to about $7000 now!!!!)

Stay well,

Mark
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
Kev the Modeller
#11 Posted : 06 March 2021 21:32:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

experten wrote:
..... These kits are great at challenging the heck out of your skills. I’m playing with various techniques for finishing the metal to show different shades of “08” silver. (Kev, Carl, and Malcolm will know of what I speak) .....

You're not wrong there Mark, very challenging, but very satisfying too and ultimately rewarding when conquered, and yes, I certainly do know what you're talking about with reference to that dreaded '08 Silver'!

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra