Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

JoyYard 1/350 USS Missouri Ltd edition Options
magpie1832
#1 Posted : 21 February 2021 23:16:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi guys, I saw this kit on line and simply had to buy it. This is the limited edition 3000 kits. Joy yard Uss Missouri 1/350. I had to buy from Australia  as couldn't find it available  anywhere else. They seem to be a new company.

The kit comes in great packaging. It has plastic/polystyrene molded box so all parts fit in without becoming loose. The manual is in colour but from reviews I've read they are not the greatest with many bits incorrect but that didn't put me off.  The plastic sprues  are very well molded but quite a few have flash but not to much of a problem. There is also 10 sheets of PE.

This kit is designed in a way that you use the PE parts no optional but compulsory.  The detail is removed for you ready for the PE and all the holes pre drilled for the steps etc. There is also some brass cannons too replace the moulded ones. There is also a deck masking sheet.  I also got the Artwork deck to go with it.

Well I will let the pics do the talking now. I won't be building it for a while but thought you all might like to see this kit.

Chris

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Silent_Running
#2 Posted : 22 February 2021 07:01:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Hi Chris,
This kit looks fantastic, loads of PE, but what struck me the most was just how crisp all the parts are. The gun turrets are superb. Can’t wait to see this one come together, if it’s anything like your Tirpitz is looking it will be fantastic. BigGrin
CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 22 February 2021 17:15:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Well Chris, you must feel like the cat who got all the cream!
What an amazing find. Don't imagine for one moment it was cheap, but looks a superb kit, and can't wait to see what you make of her ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
Kev the Modeller
#4 Posted : 22 February 2021 22:28:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That looks an excellent kit Chris, with an immense amount of detail, beautifully cast sprues and some new and innovative approaches to construction by the manufacturer.

That'll keep you busy when you start it but how long will you be able to resist?! Cool Flapper ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 23 February 2021 09:41:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nicely detailed kit Chris. Plenty of PE to get you cross eyed.LOL

Mark
Silent_Running
#6 Posted : 23 February 2021 13:03:23

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Markwarren wrote:
Nicely detailed kit Chris. Plenty of PE to get you cross eyed.LOL

Mark

I’d be cross eyed plus a trip to A&E to remove the PE that had welded to my hand with Super Glue LOL
tf64
#7 Posted : 23 February 2021 13:13:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Chris,

Well, that is a wonderful kit with all the PE and detail I am looking forward to your next post.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).