Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Scale Modelling ‘Modelling in a Day’ workshops Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 24 September 2020 20:12:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Well the new COVID-19 restrictions has yet another casualty!
This years Scale Modelling Workshops at Bolton Woods next Sunday has been cancelled Sad
I guess it was always going to be a hard one to police for them to keep it going and keep everyone safe.

Shame but let’s hope we are all in a better place next year, and resume normality sooner rather than later
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 24 September 2020 20:31:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Captn.Crying

I have received the same communication, but I think this has been driven not by the organisers or the venue. More by the people who have cancelled their places making the day unviable.

I say this, as a friend of mine is going on holiday to Scotland tomorrow. The area where people have been told not to mix households, but five families can intermix in a B+B when there is a possibility that several may come from Scotland itself. He and his wife are also stopping off at a B+B halfway to Scotland for an overnight rest.

We are certainly in the strangest of times where the rules are different on an hour to hour, day to day basis.Confused Confused

Please all keep as safe as possible by taking all the precautions available to you.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 24 September 2020 21:20:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good point well made, Derek, but they say they could have continued with the course, but the barriers and restrictions would mean the event wouldn’t have felt the same.

Don’t want to turn political, but your right Del, the differing advice is totally confusing Confused Confused Confused
CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 25 February 2021 10:57:17

Sad Just an update on this years 'Modelling in a DAy' workshops, to be held at Belton woods in May. Unfortunately this has been cancelled to. They are hoping to re-shedule for 2022 with all-new workshops.

Best have a go at figure-face painting myself now. I've already bought all of the materials.......