Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Joe Bergman Packs 9 thru 11 Custom Build Stages 31-45 Options
bojazz
#1 Posted : 22 February 2021 02:14:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Good day all and welcome back to Packs 9.10.11

Before we start: I a hoping we all have been being safe during this pandemic. We all know people all over the world and it builds like this that keep us together. So; with this being said. Stay Well, Stay Healthy and most of all Stay Safe!!!!!!!

On with the build............
Pack 9
This was an easy build and relatively fast, but do not jump ahead of the planned schedule.

Stage 31- The Roll Bar. The only modification and am doing with this is adding Plastic Medical Tape 50.8mm / 2" wide. This tape has a grid like texture (the trade name is 3M Transpore). When applied paint it flat black paint. This tape is thin and easy to apply. It can be found in local drug/pharmacy store. Cut/tear (it tears straight) 5 pieces to match the "T" section of the bar wrap the tape around the roll bar section width wise and the vertical supports from the dashboard area.. You will need to trim the excess off the bar wrap. The adhesive should hold in place, If you wish, you could use a black thread for that added bind.

Stage 32 - The Speaker. The only modification was adding a black panel wash to the recesses to the Battery Box Cover (part 32-B).

Stage 33, 34 ,35 were done straight with no modifications.
Please follow the instruction and do not stray ahead.

Pack 10

Stage 36 - Now we play with the wiring harness. The only thing I will suggest is to put some scotch tape to hold the wires to the plastic bottom

Stage 37-40 Just the basic build of the car frame. Now the excitement begins.

Pack 11

Stage 43- I used the Black Tamiya Panel Liner in the pipe recesses. On the black radiator line (part 43D) I painted the compression nuts aluminum. There seems to be a mistake with the instructions. Parts 43B and 43C should be reversed, the angle of the pipe should match the frame. See my special note and the last picture.

Stage 44 - This was a very easy build. The only modification was painting part 44A in a flat black to get rid of the plastic look.

Stage 45 - Before we go into the build on this section, part 45C was painted in the same flat black to match part 44A in the previous stage. Tamiya Black Panel Liner was added to the recesses on parts 45A and 45B. Well all was dried it was installed into part 44A

Special Note: When you "dry fit" part 44A on the frame. You will see how the pipes (parts 43B and 43C) going into it.

That was 3 months (Packs) of build. Thank you for looking and remember......... ENJOY THE BUILD!!!!!!!!!

bojazz attached the following image(s):
Stage 31 Pic 1.jpg
Stage 32 Pic 1.jpg
Stage 43.jpg
Stage 44.jpg
Stage 45.jpg
Special Note 1.jpg
Special Note 2.jpg
GlynD
#2 Posted : 28 February 2021 11:18:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Nicely done Joe, Now things are starting to get interesting with some suspension and cooling. I only just got pack 10 but looking forward to the next delivery. meanwhile I'm still working on my modified fuel pumps and dashboard.