Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Revell 1/25 Porsche 911 conversion to GTS Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 13 November 2020 22:05:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all my boss asked me to build this kit for him but as a GTS

First thin on my list (there is so much on the list) 

The kit is for a 6 spark engine(the GTS was 12 spark) so 12 HT leads and 2 coils, so cut the first coil off the fan shroud (not mounted there on a GTS) and cut the distributor off to make room for the new 12 spark one.
Here is what the kit supplies

So i cut it off

Heres a start the new distributor 

Still got to add the 2 coil wires but OK for a start.

Luckily we have the car he wants it modeled on at work (so no shortage of reference pics)

(There is so much to change)
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#2 Posted : 15 November 2020 19:10:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all progress continues on this (here are pics of the actual engine we're aiming for.

And here's what we've got so far

kpnuts
#3 Posted : 17 November 2020 22:10:36

Hi all made some air filters from some sprue.

CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 18 November 2020 22:07:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Coming together nicely Ken ThumpUp Although at first sight I thought picture 5 was a spider LOL BigGrin LOL
Should make a good but challenging build

Regards Gray
Sticky Wickett
#5 Posted : 19 November 2020 12:26:55

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good Ken!

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
kpnuts
#6 Posted : 22 November 2020 22:10:43

Started flaring the rear wheel arches.

The front will be a challenge.

roymattblack
#7 Posted : 23 November 2020 09:09:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really good so far Ken.
I imagine those seam lines will need a bit of work but that's Revell for you.BigGrin
kpnuts
#8 Posted : 05 December 2020 21:36:03

Hi all I don't have the colour for this yet but I wanted to check i had the flaring right (which in primer you cant) so I sprayed the only quality colour I had on it just to check the finish (this was 2 pack paint so not full gloss) i just wanted an idea 

As you can see a few problems to sort 

This is what we're aiming for.

roymattblack
#9 Posted : 06 December 2020 18:11:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I often do the same thing Ken.
You really can't see the finish of the body just using primer.

Looking very good...BigGrin
kpnuts
#10 Posted : 06 December 2020 20:46:13

Thanks Roy.
Started on the interior (could be a problem here as the restoration at work hasn't got this far) its quite interesting as to why these things take so long to complete (this restoration has taken 4 yes so far) reason being it was 1 of 4 cars built to this specification the other 3 no longer exists so the restoration keeps going on hold till the correct parts appear which can take months or even years to turn up.

kpnuts
#11 Posted : 06 February 2021 21:53:38

Hi all I bet you thought I'd forgotten this, just been waiting for decent spraying weather (I know the weather still isn't great but with help from a hair drier here is what ive got) I must say I'm quite pleased.

kpnuts
#12 Posted : 17 February 2021 20:40:15

Hi all more work done on this one.

kpnuts
#13 Posted : 20 February 2021 21:40:18

More done on this, going to have to do something with the ride hight, its awful

kpnuts
#14 Posted : 26 February 2021 20:56:53

Sorted the ride hight. I really like the look of this with the rear window pillar missing i may have to build this again but sans the window pillar.

kpnuts
#15 Posted : 07 March 2021 21:40:33

Well the chrome work round the windows is done and its glazed.