Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

X Wing Wings Options
clay
#1 Posted : 24 June 2020 12:32:16

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Well, I've gotten my X-wing assembled to the point that further parts will prevent me from continuing my build. I hooked up the circuit board and plugged in everything then discovered my leads had broken off on the motor that opens and closes the wings. All the other stuff functions and when I push the middle button for the wings to open, I can hear the motor but no action. I figured I had swapped the leads on the motor so I desoldered and resoldered the leads...still nothing...motor spins, no wing open! Oh and another thing...dudes at Deagostini, please do a better job at soldering! The only thing that was making my microswitch work was shrink wrap! There was no solder holding the wires onto the switch! I fixed that...anyway, any suggestions on what my dilemma is with the wings?!?!

Clay
Wabie
#2 Posted : 24 June 2020 14:26:48

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

Hello Clay,

if the engine spins, then it will be the gearbox, please look at the gears, mostly it is on the penultimate wheel, which breaks, when the Wings not Stop‘s.

Greetings Stefan
Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

MfG Stefan
clay
#3 Posted : 24 June 2020 15:17:02

The gears turn like they are supposed to!!! without the motor assembly installed, the wings open and close easily....
Wabie
#4 Posted : 24 June 2020 15:49:05

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

Here are My gearbox and my broken gear,

Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team

MfG Stefan
Simo7007
#5 Posted : 23 July 2020 09:14:11

I'm really hoping by the time we get to that part (UK) Deago/Model Space would have fixed the issue.
DeAgo Falcon: 100% Complete.
DeAgo R2D2: 100% Complete.
DeAgo X Wing: 100% Complete.
clay
#6 Posted : 09 September 2020 18:13:14

X-wing wings addendum:

So, I've been discouraged for about three shipments and this past weekend I decided to find out why my wings weren't working. I disassembled the gear box to make sure the gears weren't broken - they were fine! When I put it all back together, the lead broke off the motor and I once again had to resolder the connection. I had also stated earlier that the wires that were attached to the on/off switch were not soldered but were only held on by the heat shrink. I plugged it in and the motor worked. I put everything back together and lo and behold, the wings worked!!! I don't know what I did to fix it but I'm fairly certain the no solder on the switch, combined with the wires coming off the motor might have been my problem all along. Now, I'm impatiently awaiting my final three shipments and for Mark Warren to get off his lazy keester (I hope you know I'm typing sarcastically!!!) and update his most excellent weathering techniques to the hyperdrive motor!!!

Clay
darbyvet
#7 Posted : 09 September 2020 20:32:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

For the record keester is american for bottom LOL LOL LOL LOL

Carl

delboy271155
#8 Posted : 09 September 2020 21:24:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

darbyvet wrote:
For the record keester is american for bottom LOL LOL LOL LOL

Carl

If my memory serves me right the film "Home Alone" had an old gangster film clip in it where that phrase was used. Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#9 Posted : 10 September 2020 11:02:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

clay wrote:
X-wing wings addendum:

I'm impatiently awaiting my final three shipments and for Mark Warren to get off his lazy keester (I hope you know I'm typing sarcastically!!!) and update his most excellent weathering techniques to the hyperdrive motor!!!

Clay

Hi Clay

You are ahead of me with the parts, but I will be modifying the hyper drive. I am presently altering the cockpit with more lighting. I did not like the side panels with the bulb lit below, so they have now been modified and will be uploading pictures to show what has been done sometime next week when I have finished. BigGrin

Mark
Wabie
#10 Posted : 10 September 2020 15:07:59

Hello at all,

here My new Mod for the X Wing Cockpit,

to be continued BigGrin

Greetings Stefan

Forum Support Team

MfG Stefan
Deekity
#11 Posted : 15 March 2021 17:39:04

Wabie wrote:
Hello Clay,

if the engine spins, then it will be the gearbox, please look at the gears, mostly it is on the penultimate wheel, which breaks, when the Wings not Stop‘s.

Greetings Stefan

Curious if the gears should spin freely? I’m on step 71. I’m finding that the port lower wing won’t mesh with the motor gear very well in its current position. I cannot move that main gear at all. When that unit did not have the motor attached, I could reach in and spin the exposed gear and after 9 hours (exaggerating) the main gear sprocket would move slowly. I could not however do the opposite and turn the main gear and have the reduction gears inside spin (too much friction in the opposite direction). Wondering if this was normal. I’m not sure how to reorient the gear so I can put the wings in properly.
darbyvet
#12 Posted : 15 March 2021 19:42:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

No once you add the motor the gears will not spin freely. I found a little wiggling of the wing alllowed it to mesh properly in my build.

Carl