Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Availability of this ship? Options
Spellbot5000
#1 Posted : 16 March 2021 08:33:54

Groups: Registered

Hoping to start a sub on this ship, but it looks like it's been out of stock for a while now. Does Model-Space continually produce this kit, or was it a one and done type of deal?
Nytetrain
#2 Posted : 16 March 2021 12:34:33

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

All of the kits have been on the menu for a while. Most models were always in stock before the pandemic started. I am guessing with the higher demand because people aren't working and the slow down of production that the models are hard to keep in supply right now. I am sure that when the pandemic is over production will ramp up again and things will become available again as things get back to the NEW normal.
Best Regards,
Ron

On the bench: DeAgostini '67 Ford Shelby Mustang, Hachette Space Battleship Yamato 2202, Agora Models T-800 Terminator
Finished builds: DeAgostini Toyota 2000GT
In the Stash: Losing count...
toberdick
#3 Posted : 09 July 2021 21:36:24

Hi All,

Does anyone have any updates on the status of the Sovereign of the Seas kit? I finished building the HMS Victory back around Christmas time, and I've been getting anxious to start my next build. I'm pretty much set on the SOS, and I'd really like to do another DeAgostini build (preferably complete kit all at once). However, I have sent a few emails to Customer Service over the past few months to see if they can even give a rough estimate as to when it might be back in stock, but have not received any sort of reply whatsoever.

If I knew it was going to be a few months, I'd wait. But without so much as a response, I'm thinking it might end up being much longer than that. The other popular alternative for the SOS kit seems to be in stock all over the place, so I'm thinking I may just have to beak down and go that route instead. But, I'd hate to see DeAgostini back in stock the week after I buy the other kit!

So, anyone hearing any whispers at all as to if/when the full DeAgostini SOS kit might be back in stock?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!

Kind regards,
Todd
Spellbot5000
#4 Posted : 21 March 2022 07:47:49

Still nothing with this ship? The UK seems to be selling this again, whole kit and monthly, and many more kits that the US site is still not offering for sale.
Spellbot5000
#5 Posted : 09 April 2022 04:35:30

I emailed DeAgostini about this ship, and they informed me that it WON'T be returning to the US site for purchase. They are evaluating it for inclusion in a potential all new revamped DeAgostini website that may happen in the future though.

I would generally take this to mean that ALL out of stock kits will not be restocked at this point, until they decide the future of the website.
admin
#6 Posted : 09 April 2022 05:45:46

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

“I would generally take this to mean that ALL out of stock kits will not be restocked at this point, until they decide the future of the website”

There is a lot of product that is moving around, and yes, SOME of it will be going away. Not not really anything that was popular. Other OOS kits are being moved to FanHome or just having too many hiccups right now, so they’ve been pulled to get things sorted.

Things are going to be getting fun again around here!

Cheers,

Mark