Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

NOTHING WORKS Options
CrimsonKyber
#1 Posted : 04 December 2020 01:32:10

Groups: Registered

So I have built the R2 completely with no problems but this thing has been a constant headache since the start...missing parts..broken parts...waiting months for replacement parts...just a nonstop nightmare...

I like many since I was one of the first to order ran into the issue 72 problem with nothing working...so then I find out you had to wait till 74 which I did...well everything worked as planned then I ran into the wing clicking problem so while in the process of trying to fix that issue which there was also no info about at first....I literally watched it die on me....the engine lights just faded out here I thought since I was testing it so much it was the batteries..I replaced them and NOPE.... it HASN'T WORKED SINCE...I have ordered numerous replacement parts now on my 3rd circuit board and still NOTHING WORKS...I have tested all the parts I could individually they all work...the engines..laser cannons...the motors... everything I could possibly test with the tester now I am at my wits end I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!

so far I replaced the..
Antenna
Circuit Board x3
Wing Motor
Remote x3

I am ready to throw this thing in the TRASH! I received the last of my parts recently and have been stuck here since like June.... If any one has any ideas I am all ears...but as of now NOTHING WORKS...NOTHING...
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 04 December 2020 02:35:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

So if I am reading correctly you are saying that the individual parts all work with the tester, but then you connect them to the circuit board they dont work and you have tried 3 separate circuit boards?

Carl

CrimsonKyber
#3 Posted : 04 December 2020 02:52:59

That is correct...I am now on my 3rd board...anything that I can connect to the tester works...Droid motor...all the engines...cockpit lights...laser cannons...wing motor...all work when plugged into the tester...the board...nothing...like I said I actually watched it die..all of the engine lights slowly faded out and it hasn't worked since...this was back in June and I have been trying to figure out the problem since....
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 04 December 2020 05:10:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

OK.Can you post some pictures of the board with all of the components connected

If you would prefer you can PM me.

Carl

Andreas
#5 Posted : 04 December 2020 05:28:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

CrimsonKyber wrote:
That is correct...I am now on my 3rd board...anything that I can connect to the tester works...Droid motor...all the engines...cockpit lights...laser cannons...wing motor...all work when plugged into the tester...the board...nothing...like I said I actually watched it die..all of the engine lights slowly faded out and it hasn't worked since...this was back in June and I have been trying to figure out the problem since....

Please first check the socket of the external power supply and the switch, there were already difficulties when you attached the socket and the switch in the panel, a cable was torn off, unfortunately you can't see that at first glance, because there is shrink tubing is on it. If this is not the problem, please check the IR sensor or the extension cable, whether the lines go through 1: 1, there was also a turner once
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
datsunjon
#6 Posted : 24 March 2021 04:28:34

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

check the wires on the power socket

mine worked (of course like so many on here AFTER I found out the assembly instructions were wrong)
and then after I put everything together nada nothing !!
broken wires after assembly
wizard56
#7 Posted : 26 March 2021 22:05:08

Groups: Unapproved, New Members

Blink i had a similar problem and it wasnt till i read on the forum about the external power connector has to be installed because the board searches for it first, i then found out i had 1 wire broke away but a quick solder job later and everything works surprisingly because i was ready to blast the manufacturers about faulty boards, glad i bit my tongue and found the solution