Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
PL 1:350 Classic USS Enterprise (Star Trek) Options
Markwarren
#41 Posted : 13 March 2021 10:09:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice hanger part. That will be a nice addition. Mine was about half the size of that and very tricky to paint. When lighting these up, don’t forget to defuse the lighting by placing a piece of tissue paper or something similar. This will give an even light inside and light it up much better.

Looking forward to your next update.

Mark
Coser
#42 Posted : 28 March 2021 16:40:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Thanks Mark.

Been too long since I updated this, but not a lot to have updated anyone on. Found out my health has been badly effected by a vitamin 'D' deficiency.

Anyway, I've been working on the bridge modules. Yes, modules, plural. I currently have three set on my keyboard. The original kit part and two 3D printed parts.

This is the original part (Left) and one of the 3D printed versions (Right). The printed one is the one I will be installing in the saucer section once I have varnished it and added the displays. You can see the ring I cut off the clear version of the kit part to hold the LEDs.

And here it is again with the Bandai 1:350 scale Millennium Falcon for size purposes. This kit seems odd for a Bandai one. It only has three landing leg hatches - no landing gear supplied, you are only supposed to display it on the included stand - but it seems that other details are from "The Force Awakens". It also had only the round dish, again suggesting an earlier version. I have ordered a replacement for the solid cockpit, some legs, and a 3D printed improved round dish which I will install after I finish the Enterprise.

The next stage on the Enterprise is to work on the hangar bay. I need to paint it up ready for installation of the couple of improved shuttles I have on the way. I have previously debated using Micro Crystal Clear to seal the areas the light will come in to prevent dust getting to the lighting, but doubt I will do so as I am worried that over time it will yellow and discolour, changing the appearance of the hanger bay.
Current Builds
Eaglemoss: Ecto-1, BTTF Delorean [Installing Mods]
Hachette: T800 Endoskeleton
Agora Models Shelby Cobra 427 [Plate 031]
BanDai 1:5000 Imperial Star Destroyer
AMT 1991 U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge [Installing Mods & Lights]

Finished Builds
Deagostini: R2-D2 [Never getting batteries]