Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dodge Charger R/T, Pack 20 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 01 April 2021 18:22:35

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Pack 20; Stages 86-90

The PDFs for this stage just got released. We got a new tool, a small screwdriver. This Pack deals with both doors. Since we have powder coated parts, I grabbed a microfiber cloth to work on.

Stage 86; The left door window

Pay particular attention to the fit of the chrome window guide, 86A. The front of the guide, if not set right, will raise up on a lip and bend the guide. Hand set the guide and check the fit before securing with 4CM screws. Attach the deflector trim to the inner door with 2TP screws. It should fit into the outer wind wing frame. Flip the inside door over and screw the two frames together with 2TP screws. It is no easy task getting the wind wing window in place and set. Yeah, all you will probably get it set, no problem. Part 86D, is the pin to mount the window into. Mount that part to the inside of the window. Set the two mounting pins as shown and secure with part 86E, the mount bracket, and a DP screw. Go slow and easy, the window does work, just takes time.

Stage 87; The left door window

Put the three pieces of the door crank together, push it thru the indicated hole. Put the cog with the lever arm into position. Place cog 2, 87D in position with the small gear down and secure with a BP screw. Tighten the screw down, then back it off to allow The gears and crank handle to rotate. Add the keeper plate, 87F and secure with 4AP screws. Secure the window crank with a VM screw. Check the operation of the window crank, if an adjustment is needed, start with the VM screw. It should not be free turning, should turn with a little resistance. Add the weatherstrip, more of an anti scratch strip, to both sides of the window frame, inside and outside. Put the window in place and use a BP screw, Don’t tighten all the way, leave it loose enough so that the window will not bind. Put the inside and outside of the door together and secure with 6AM screws. Put the window frame together with a TP screw, Tighten until the rails are together. Save the SM screws for Stage 88.

Stage 88; The left and right doors

I got the completed door out and mounted it to the body of the car with 2SM screws. It went in easily, did require a little adjustment to fit well. Before I started step 88.3, I polish the door. Install the lock, it’s a press fit. Put the door handle in place and secure with an AP screw. The front of the handle is a press fit.

Stage 89 ;Mounting the right door

Get the window guide into place and secure with 4AM screws. Build the top door hinge with Parts 89B and 89C. Install and secure with 2AM screws. Build the bottom hinge with parts 89D and 89E. Secure to the door with 2AMscrews. Install and secure the hinge mount plate to the car body with 3AM screws.

Stage 90 ; The right door lock

I learned from the last time I did this to get all the parts ready to go. Put the Lock stem into the lock and the spring into the slot. Used a pair of tweezers to push the stem and lock into the spring and thru the hole and rotate the lock so that the flat side is up. Install the mount bracket that holds the three lock parts with 2 AP screws. Be careful not to push on the window frame and rails.

Pack 20 is complete.

admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-1865.JPG
IMG-1866.jpg
IMG-1871.JPG
IMG-1873.JPG
IMG-1875.JPG
IMG-1878.JPG
IMG-1879.JPG
IMG-1880.JPG
IMG-1881.JPG
IMG-1882.JPG